advertisement

Trump Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, it may well be the case that the bastard will do this. We don't know, but it doesn't look good.

But then we could be all dead had crooked Hillary the Neocon went against Putin in Syria in order to please her Zionist, Saudi and Qatari benefactors and leave another country in the hands of Islamofascists.

We all 'could be dead', predicated on a big IF Hillary had done this or that. She would have done this IF she won the election, she would have done that .....

The Democrats blocked a bill that sought single-payer healthcare for California only this summer.

They - under their current corporate rulers - serve those raping Americas poor; they don't give a shit how much they're charged for healthcare.

They are Republican lite!

But we must love them, because they're not Trump :rolleyes:
Clinton wanted to extend Obamacare.

It's not perfect, but Trump wants to turn the clock back and condemn thousands of citizens to an early death.

There is no comparison.

Trump outsmarted that other warmongering lunatic handily. She was talking pure shite too of course and like Trump is about as anti-establishment as Paul R! But even with all the money she had available and the media fully behind her, she still lost.

What does that say about her if Trump is such a dummy?

What does it say about the Democratic party if Trump's promises seemed better than more of Obama's, as Clinton was offering?

Sadly because the same political prostitutes are in charge of the Democrats the people will again be faced with Republicans or Republican lite in 2020.

And Trump will win again. And you'll all have four more years of blaming him for everything.

And who'll suffer? The people, as they always do. They'll suffer because everyone is blind to the fact that the corporate Dems are no better than Trump's regime.

They're just another shit alternative ready to serve the same interests as Trump.

So I guess we might as well all go jump off a cliff.

Or we can read our corporate shill magazines and think we understand what really happened, which would be that a racist reaction got all the breaks and just enough of a shove to put it over the electoral college line.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

^^^too long, but do read

Clinton wanted to extend Obamacare.

It's not perfect, but Trump wants to turn the clock back and condemn thousands of citizens to an early death.

There is no comparison.
Clearly even the corporate Democrats are better than the Trump regime in many ways.

So I guess we might as well all go jump off a cliff.

Or we can read our corporate shill magazines and think we understand what really happened, which would be that a racist reaction got all the breaks and just enough of a shove to put it over the electoral college line.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

^^^too long, but do read
I don't agree with several points made in this article but I think it explains why Trump won the Rust Belt states - and thus the election:

Disaffected rust belt voters embraced Trump. They had no other hope

The Democrats blocked a bill that sought single-payer healthcare for California only this summer.

They - under their current corporate rulers - serve those raping Americas poor; they don't give a shit how much they're charged for healthcare.

Got it. You prefer the Republican health care plan. I prefer Obama care, as i can rely less on an employer for health care.

Got it. You prefer the Republican health care plan. I prefer Obama care, as i can rely less on an employer for health care.
There is no Republican healthcare plan.

I prefer single-payer, but neither party want that because they're paid handsomely to not want it.

In lieu of single payer, my preference, you’d opt for no health care? Also, i’m not buying that Trump amd Republicans are less warmongery than Clinton and the Democratics.

I don't agree with several points made in this article but I think it explains why Trump won the Rust Belt states - and thus the election:

Disaffected rust belt voters embraced Trump. They had no other hope
That article is exactly the sort of 'analysis' that the two Atlantic articles, the one I cited and the one Seanm cited, refute.

I will make a lengthy quote, since there is a fair bit said that needs saying:

Trump defeated Clinton among white voters in every income category, winning by a margin of 57 to 34 among whites making less than $30,000; 56 to 37 among those making less than $50,000; 61 to 33 for those making $50,000 to $100,000; 56 to 39 among those making $100,000 to $200,000; 50 to 45 among those making $200,000 to $250,000; and 48 to 43 among those making more than $250,000. In other words, Trump won white voters at every level of class and income. He won workers, he won managers, he won owners, he won robber barons. This is not a working-class coalition; it is a nationalist one.

But Trump’s greater appeal among low-income white voters doesn’t vindicate the Calamity Thesis. White working-class Americans dealing directly with factors that lead to a death of despair were actually less likely to support Trump, and those struggling economically were not any more likely to support him. As a 2017 study by the Public Religion Research Institute and The Atlantic found, “White working-class voters who reported that someone in their household was dealing with a health issue—such as drug addiction, alcohol abuse, or depression—were actually less likely to express support for Trump’s candidacy,” while white working-class voters who had “experienced a loss of social and economic standing were not any more likely to favor Trump than those whose status remained the same or improved.”

Trump’s support among whites decreases the higher you go on the scales of income and education. But the controlling factor seems to be not economic distress but an inclination to see nonwhites as the cause of economic problems. The poorest voters were somewhat less likely to vote for Trump than those a rung or two above them on the economic ladder. The highest-income voters actually supported Trump less than they did Mitt Romney, who in 2012 won 54 percent of voters making more than $100,000—several points more than Trump secured, although he still fared better than Clinton. It was among voters in the middle, those whose economic circumstances were precarious but not bleak, where the benefits of Du Bois’s psychic wage appeared most in danger of being devalued, and where Trump’s message resonated most strongly. They surged toward the Republican column.

Yet when social scientists control for white voters’ racial attitudes—that is, whether those voters hold “racially resentful” views about blacks and immigrants—even the educational divide disappears. In other words, the relevant factor in support for Trump among white voters was not education, or even income, but the ideological frame with which they understood their challenges and misfortunes. It is also why voters of color—who suffered a genuine economic calamity in the decade before Trump’s election—were almost entirely immune to those same appeals.

For 'nationalist coalition,' one must read 'white nationalist.' Most members deny that they are racist. But they sure voted for one.

The ideologue reasons from his desire for purity. They must be corrupt and in the pocket of the oligarchs. It's not possible that they were reasonable politicians who balked at too big a step all at once.

Do you have any inkling of what a radical transformation of the state economy that 'single payer' California bill would have demanded? You can't just flush away an entire sector of the economy and rebuild it on a different model in one fell swoop. Transition costs would have been incredible. However desirable state-provided single-payer health might be, it makes a lot more sense to do the thing in stages, minimizing and spreading-out the transition costs.

Also, i’m not buying that Trump amd Republicans are less warmongery than Clinton and the Democratics.

That was never a believable concept. I don't think it was even a plank in the GOP platform, it was a figment of Max' imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back