advertisement

budget 2017

You lot blame everyone but yourselves. The main reason for the UKs sluggish performance is low productivity. In other words, you lot just ain't working hard enough, so get off your lazy arses and start grafting. For a start, I don't expect anyone to write in here whilst they are at the office.

More graft and less waffle is the order of the day.

Eccentric way to admit you are part of the productivity problem.

I am a pensioner being paid a gold plated pension that is guaranteed to send smoke out of Tony's ears. Also and more importantly, pensioners are not included in the productivity stats. I worked from 1964 - 2010 and productivity increased during those years. I want these lazy buggers to keep up my good work. If you are below pensionable age (i.e below 66 yrs) then you are a part of the problem, so you know what to do.

I am a pensioner being paid a gold plated pension that is guaranteed to send smoke out of Tony's ears. Also and more importantly, pensioners are not included in the productivity stats. I worked from 1964 - 2010 and productivity increased during those years. I want these lazy buggers to keep up my good work. If you are below pensionable age (i.e below 66 yrs) then you are a part of the problem, so you know what to do.
1936_open-uri20130816-17199-1rjjvpy.jpg

You lot blame everyone but yourselves. The main reason for the UKs sluggish performance is low productivity
Companies have found that short term profit is higher by not investing in automation and employing more minimum wage labour.
SE Asia is addicted to migrant workers for the same reason. Brexit will allow the UK to do the same.

Mick's on message.

Only 45 years sat at a desk pen pushing Mick? You lazy bastard ;)

What about those who really contributed to the economy? In all fairness I have amnesia so what was it you did again?

Mick's on message.

Only 45 years sat at a desk pen pushing Mick? You lazy bastard ;)

What about those who really contributed to the economy? In all fairness I have amnesia so what was it you did again?
Something eminently forgettable, Merlin.

You lot blame everyone but yourselves. The main reason for the UKs sluggish performance is low productivity. In other words, you lot just ain't working hard enough, so get off your lazy arses and start grafting. For a start, I don't expect anyone to write in here whilst they are at the office.

I don’t think you understand what “productivity” means.

Committing other people to a life of drudgery, in the name of an idea that you don’t understand, and don’t actually believe in anyway. So many aspects of Toryism folded into one statement.

Last edited:
Thankfully john McDonnell yesterday showed that we have a ready to go government in waiting.
Almost Diannesque lol.

Thats means you can reply here any time but you should be aiming to increase your turnover every year to pay more tax. Your taxes pays my state pension and I would like a bigger one.

I love paying tax! Taxation = civilisation. Please observe no less than four lovely well-stocked lists of vinyl and CDs in the pfm record shop and a shiny new ‘Donations’ button on the main menu at the top of the screen - you can actually pay for the services you consume! ;-)

Reactions: PsB
One has to wonder if "pay for the services you consume" is within Mick P's frame of reference.

One has to wonder if "pay for the services you consume" is within Mick P's frame of reference.

Mick would have Tony L's services subjected to a competitive tendering exercise. The end result would be a more expensive service delivering poorer quality.

Personally, I've always been a lazy sod, so am happy to put my hand up as being part of the productivity problem. If everyone was like me, we'd be living in caves eating mud.

I'm pleased and proud to have been part of the productivity problem since 2007.

Mick. I suggest you read Heinlein's "The Tale of The Man Who Was Too Lazy to Fail" (short story within Time Enough for Love)

It's not about what the person puts in, it's what comes out that matters.

The way we increase productivity is through automation—which of course increases unemployment. It's not about people working slightly less than the French. It's because people are cheaper than machines and investment.

Stephen

I have this mental image of Mick P as Alan Partridge, turning his hand to a bit of trolling in his twilight years. He's decided to bin the "Aha!" in favour of "Chaps", as more befitting a fellow of a certain age.

advertisement

Back