advertisement

Trump Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand how anyone could be any more ‘establishment’ than Trump in America. He was born into the nearest the country has to a royal family and has led the life of a millionaire playboy since birth including regularly being bailed out by the tax-payer for his excesses as his extraordinary level of debt is viewed by the financial establishment as ‘too big to fail’. Even so he managed to hoodwink millions of MaxFlinns that he was somehow a voice of the people! The whole thing is simply absurd. A con of even larger than Brexit proportions.

PS The four part Trump documentary on C4 is very good, part three was last night. I’d advise anyone with any real interest in where this elitist buffoon came from to watch it. A zero talent zero credibility Citizen Cane from birth!
Trump outsmarted that other warmongering lunatic handily. She was talking pure shite too of course and like Trump is about as anti-establishment as Paul R! But even with all the money she had available and the media fully behind her, she still lost.

What does that say about her if Trump is such a dummy?

What does it say about the Democratic party if Trump's promises seemed better than more of Obama's, as Clinton was offering?

Sadly because the same political prostitutes are in charge of the Democrats the people will again be faced with Republicans or Republican lite in 2020.

And Trump will win again. And you'll all have four more years of blaming him for everything.

And who'll suffer? The people, as they always do. They'll suffer because everyone is blind to the fact that the corporate Dems are no better than Trump's regime.

They're just another shit alternative ready to serve the same interests as Trump.

What does that say about her if Trump is such a dummy?

It says that even badly belched-up fascism is still a very powerful tool as idiots can still be whipped up into a frenzy and mobilised. As with Brexit Trump won due to his outspoken right-wing xenophobia and hatred. You blindly nodded along.

He won because he convinced more people in the Rust Belt states that he was the man for job creation, and because people wouldn't vote for Clinton, who got way short of the vote Obama got in these areas.

No, he won by dog whistle politics, just like Brexit, praying on peoples fears and ignorance and whipping them into a frenzy, a proper mob.

Why you Max, continue to defend The Donald Dotard is extraordinary.

Except he studied at Wharton, which is Ivy League (business school end of the University of Pennsylvania). I have no doubt he got in there more on the basis of contributions by his millionaire father than because of pure academic merit, but he has attended an Ivy League school. Whether he fit in there intellectually is another question (OTOH most business schools are not hotbeds of high academic thinking).

I take great delight in pointing out to my CEO (SMU, Wharton, UCL) that he shares an alma mater with Trump. It's fair to say that reports of his time there are mixed.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2017/02/trump-academics-at-wharton
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/02/what_is_trumps_real_record_at.html

No, he won by dog whistle politics, just like Brexit, praying on peoples fears and ignorance and whipping them into a frenzy, a proper mob.

There was a good post on Twitter neatly summing up this mindset in 280 characters...

"The issue is that, to many who voted for #Trump or #Brexit, it feels like the first time they ever won. Many now see that the prize was a pie made of s**t, but it's still the only thing they ever won. So they're determined to eat it, make yummy noises and insist we all have some." https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/933663489465507840

Given the intensity of the hatred directed at Clinton it's rather startling to look at the actual policies she fought the 2016 campaign on:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

For example...

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/a-fair-tax-system/
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/health-care/

They don't sound too bad do they?

Compare and contrast Trump's determination to give tax cuts to billionaires and his vindictive efforts to repeal Obamacare.

Maybe Trump's greatest triumph was to keep the spotlight on himslef rather than his policies.

He won because he convinced more people in the Rust Belt states that he was the man for job creation, and because people wouldn't vote for Clinton, who got way short of the vote Obama got in these areas.
The problem for Hillary was that you can't beat tempting lies with facts. People who want to believe the lie, will believe the lie. The only way you beat a lie is with a more appealing lie (or more appealing facts, obvs). Trump lied his way to the White House surfing a wave of untruths carefully crafted to appeal to the rust belt states and rednecks. (I doubt he knows that's what he did, mind you, he was clearly being worked by the hand of Bannon). Hillary had no bigger, better lie to sell those same people, because she was broadly basing her position on facts, many of which may not have been quite as appealing to the rust belters and rednecks.

Also, what Drood said.

He won by convincing enough people in the Rust Belt states - hardest hit by recent job losses - that he'd bring them back.

All other Blue states stayed blue and the red ones stayed red - for the most part.

I'm telling you why he won; I'm not defending anybody you idiot!

Max, don't call me an idiot, you have been pro Trump all along, should you have now realised what a flawed position that is, great and yes he is as you describe.

Max, don't call me an idiot, you have been pro Trump all along, should you have now realised what a flawed position that's great and yes he is as you describe.
Look, I piss myself laughing at you all with all your faux outrage and your labelling of me as a defender of Trump.

I preferred him to the warmongering Neocon gangster for one reason and one reason only; that he was touting a less aggressive foreign policy.

That's because I'm anti-war. The rest of you are fake people! You don't give a shit about the millions butchered by the US and would've loved to see crooked Hillary butchering more while saying: oh, but she supports black lives matter, and she's a 'liberal' :rolleyes:

Fake people!

The rest of you are fake people! You don't give a shit about the millions butchered by the US and would've loved to see crooked Hillary butchering more while saying: oh, but she supports black lives matter, and she's a 'liberal' :rolleyes:

Fake people!

Bottom of the barrel trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back