advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spooky stuff, maize. Pheasant cover, I should think. I love the photo.

Thank you :)

There a quite lot of fields just like this round our way - to my untrained eye it's almost as though they're being left extremely late. They do look good against a very wet Lincs sky though.

Thank you :)

There a quite lot of fields just like this round our way - to my untrained eye it's almost as though they're being left extremely late. They do look good against a very wet Lincs sky though.

If it is crop, and the fact that there are fields rather than strips suggests that it is, it is often harvested late, though I suspect we are getting towards very late now.

Not sure how the weather has been down south, in North East Scotland we have had so few dry days since the start of September. The dry days have come in ones and twos making harvest a slow process and the straw has lain so long it has lost a lot quality. Locally straw, mainly for bedding, is selling for much more than hay or silage used for feeding animals.

If it is fields of maize, the farmers will be hoping to harvest this (normally maize is harvested in September and October). It will be cut with a forage harvester and ensiled, either to feed cattle or anaerobic digesters to provide energy. Field beans are normally harvested in November.

Bamburgh Sunrise by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Possibly the first time I've successfully got up to photograph the sunrise in about 40 years... took two attempts, but we got to Holy Island just in time to watch the sun rise over Bamburgh castle.

Fuji X-E2 with Fujinon XF35F1.4 R at f5.6, ISO 800 1/900s

Reactions: Dev
Thanks Amar - most kind. :)

I want to try this again but getting in a lot closer - the distance from front element was at least 1'. I took one with the Pen F's hi-res function but it throws up so much detail it'd take me hours to get rid of all the miniscule dust spots! :D

On our last evening in Scotland, sorry it's a bit of a cliche!

26222543009_d8caae5200_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back