advertisement

Phonography

Hi Derek, it's in Trollhattan just here... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@58.3126659,12.3277221,899m/data=!3m1!1e3 at the junction of Mellanvagen and Saabvagen, a bit a clue in the road names there...

It is a small independent cafe that serves the workers at GKN Aerospace and National Electric Car, which were Saab Aero and Saab cars of old. They do a great lunch menu which is not too expensive by local standards!

There is another hanging on the other side of the cafe which I will grab a picture of next time I'm over there.

Also if you zoom in with satellite images on you can see the Viggen on a stand in GKN's back garden.

IMG_1766_800px.jpg

5pm in Bristol; near here ; same iphone

My first real look at this thread and it's evidently clear that mobiles are cameras, with the ability to make and receive phone calls thrown in as an extra.

My Nokia 6310i is still going strong ;-)

From a couple of weeks ago (6S Plus again).

38974834252_98ea30fd88_c.jpg
Lovely photo and ticks my boxes.

My first real look at this thread and it's evidently clear that mobiles are cameras

Yes, as long as there’s good light, they can take pictures that hold up well. They have yet to make a camera phone that does well in dim conditions. I guess the laws of physics prevail.

P.S. Thanks!

The only issue I have with them is the cack handed way you have to hold them to take a picture, waving the phone almost at arms length and trying to hold it steady trying to see through the reflection of your face.

One wonders when "real" cameras will have phones built in - they already have wifi and GPS capability (some do) so adding in a phone chip will be the next USP.

Struggling to get my phone images on here. trying to share them from Google Photos.. Any hints? No iPhone here though.. just a Samsung A3.

MM, no idea about Google photos, I think most people here upload them to Flicker, from there there’s a single line of code to copy and paste.

My first real look at this thread and it's evidently clear that mobiles are cameras, with the ability to make and receive phone calls thrown in as an extra.

Lovely photo and ticks my boxes.
iPhone 6S is equivalent to (I think) around 30mm full frame equivalent - so, wide angle. It has digital zoom only so not great quality. I take all my shots with no zoom and crop (sparingly!) later if I need to rather than cropping at the time of capture. That and the low light ability are limitations. But within those limitations it's amazingly good. I've never cleaned the lens.

iPhone 6S is equivalent to (I think) around 30mm full frame equivalent - so, wide angle. It has digital zoom only so not great quality. I take all my shots with no zoom and crop (sparingly!) later if I need to rather than cropping at the time of capture. That and the low light ability are limitations. But within those limitations it's amazingly good. I've never cleaned the lens.

The reason I bought the iPhone 8 Plus rather than the iPhone 8 was its dual cameras. The 8 Plus has the standard wide angle lens and also one approximately equivalent to 50mm in the 35mm format.

As you say the limitation is in the low light performance, images can be posterised - I assume that’s noise reduction related. I have a camera app that produces DNG files, but I’ve not had a chance to shoot in low light and try cleaning up the image in Lightroom.

Mine too. I have a stock of them, bought on ebay. Good batteries are a problem now though.

My 17 year old daughter aquired an iphone X for Christmas. The low light preformance on Christmas day seemed to have been very good. I think her hit rate of decent snaps was ahead of mine, and I was using a Nikon D7000 at 2000 ISO with an f2.8 zoom. Mind you, she used the Nikon instead of the phone for a while, and absolutely loved it. But her phone shots were better.

advertisement

Back