advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to ask David Davis to negotiate with my yacht club. I'm sick and tired of paying the fees and having to put up with silly rules like having to help out with the safety boat on one weekend a year. Obviously, I will want to continue storing my boat there and using the clubhouse. I have written to them to tell them as of January 2018 I will no longer be paying the membership fee. They need me more than I need them; I spend a fortune in the canteen.

Perhaps the organisers of Zimbabwe's coup could represent the U.K. in the Brexit negotiations?
They seem to have a knack for managing potentially messy situations.

It could get a whole lot messier with Ireland and the DUP.

DUP MP Sammy Wilson has said....

DO2K2dUXcAET8wj

Good read if you want to hear what David Davis has been up to today (Twitter thread warning, if you don't):

"This evening in Germany, David Davis has demonstrated a frankly humiliating misunderstanding of even the basics of the EU.
A quick thread.
1/" https://twitter.com/ianjamesparsley/status/931259341965025281

Pre-Brexit I used to think Davis was one of the very few intelligent and decent-minded people on the Tory benches. I based this mainly on his opposition to the more oppressive and authoritarian desires of May etc, especially when relating to the internet. Sadly Brexit has proven me wrong. He may not be an idiotic scheming clown like Johnson or Gove, a borderline crook like Fox or Patel, but he is remarkably intransigent and inept, and like so many who are doesn’t seem to have the intellectual wherewithal to grasp just how far out of his depth he is.

Pre-Brexit I used to think Davis was one of the very few intelligent and decent-minded people on the Tory benches. I based this mainly on his opposition to the more oppressive and authoritarian desires of May etc, especially when relating to the internet. Sadly Brexit has proven me wrong. He may not be an idiotic scheming clown like Johnson or Gove, a borderline crook like Fox or Patel, but he is remarkably intransigent and inept, and like so many who are doesn’t seem to have the intellectual wherewithal to grasp just how far out of his depth he is.

Indeed. Ironically one of his quotes is very relevant to Brexit:

David Davis said:
If a democracy cannot change its mind then it ceases to be a democracy.

...except when it come to Brexit, Mr Davis?

It could get a whole lot messier with Ireland and the DUP.

DUP MP Sammy Wilson has said....

DO2K2dUXcAET8wj

I think Sammy and his Endarkenment crew are using unnecessary long hand for NO SHURREDAHRR!!! It's even worse- the Irish have a Sodomite as leader and they're in cahoots with the PAPISTS of Europe. He'd probably put on a state visit to the Province for Trump if he got the chance.

Last edited:
BBC Radio 4's 'Any Questions' just starting now features Remain campaigner Madeleina Kay. This should be worth a listen!

^Conservative MP Owen Paterson bleating on as usual about why we shouldn't just go straight to WTO rules because that would be just fine. At the same time you could hear the barely supressed panic rising as his spiel went on.

Delusional.

Last edited:
I sympathise with anyone, even a Tory, who has the truly thankless task of trying to get any deal from anyone given that most of the Cabinet don't want to leave anyway; that powerful backbenchers who do are constantly sniping and moaning; that most of the country now wishes the referendum had never happened; and any deal or no deal will be vilified by everyone anyway.

Got to love seeing the Tories in pain though....

I'm going to ask David Davis to negotiate with my yacht club. I'm sick and tired of paying the fees and having to put up with silly rules like having to help out with the safety boat on one weekend a year. Obviously, I will want to continue storing my boat there and using the clubhouse. I have written to them to tell them as of January 2018 I will no longer be paying the membership fee. They need me more than I need them; I spend a fortune in the canteen.

A yacht club... brilliant! Such an extraordinary leap of metaphorical contortion from the usual golf club one. It is like a strange distortion in the returning echo. Never mind. Slap on the back to self well deserved.

The trouble I guess is that golf clubs and yacht clubs have a common theme - memberships comprising rich, always rich, and often entitled, smug, self-satisfied old men, whose outlook on life too often doesn't extend much past car park hierarchy and commitee-driven petty-mindedness.

A yacht club... brilliant! Such an extraordinary leap of metaphorical contortion from the usual golf club one. It is like a strange distortion in the returning echo. Never mind. Slap on the back to self well deserved.

The trouble I guess is that golf clubs and yacht clubs have a common theme - memberships comprising rich, always rich, and often entitled, smug, self-satisfied old men, whose outlook on life too often doesn't extend much past car park hierarchy and commitee-driven petty-mindedness.

Sounds like Banks, Farage, Johnson, Dacre, the Barclay bros, JRM, Gove, Redwood, Murdoch etc. They certainly have our best interests at heart...

...not!

ET, what a brilliant pass...and I have an open goal in front of me...6ugger, a ball already reposes within. Too quick for me Nick.

"We are the angry mob
We read the papers every day
We like who we like
We hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed"

I like the hitlery Sun headline. Which barking gob at Wapping was standing on its back legs for that one? Surprised they didn't book end it with "back in your box you poofta Mick". It's not the same with Kelvin MacKenzie gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back