advertisement

QUAD 707

HB1

Hoping for some advice here

I have acquired a QUAD 707 power amp and CURA speakers. All good there. As a novice, however, I'm struggling to integrate this with my audiolab amp. I had figured that the phono sockets would be used but have been advised that I need to use 'Ampbus' leads?

Any tips appreciated

Yes, the 707 was designed to integrate with other Quad 77 series components, using their proprietary Quad Bus connections. This allowed the components to talk to each other as well as pass signals.

Sorry, I don't think there's any way of connecting it to any Pre other than a Quad 77 ...

Sorry, I don't think there's any way of connecting it to any Pre other than a Quad 77 ...

Speak to Rob Flain at Quad service dept. as if anyone knows it is him. He may know a way of connecting the 707 to a 99 Pre-amp as that also has the Quadlink/Ampbus system but I think the 77 series was unique as mentioned by previous poster.

The 707 has RCA phono input as well as the bus ribbon and a switch to select which is in use.
77 and 99 series bus links don't work together.

Great amp - wish I hadn't sold mine.....

Jim

I have a Quad 707 power amp which has RCA phono inputs. The amp works well with a Croft Micro Basic preamp.

I think the Quad 707 is one of the last amplifiers made by Quad in England. At that time Quad was owned by the Verity group before it was sold to the Taiwanese company.

Wow, that's a wordy review !

Isn't it just:)

I bought a copy of the mag s/h after starting a 77 system. After reading it I 'had' to try a 707 even though I was already bi-amping the 10ls with a pair of 77s:rolleyes:

Jim

advertisement

Back