advertisement

Postage to Australia help

mickyricky

pfm Member
Hi I'm wanting to send a parcel to Western Australia weight around 3.8 kilos (3 books) been quoted £105 by Royal Mail ..They are taking the p....s.
Does anybody know a cheaper reliable company please ...
BR Micky

£105 sounds like an express courier price. AFAIK, the possibility of surface (i.e. ship containerised) mail from the UK to Downunder still exists, and that's a lot cheaper - but naturally it takes a lot longer (about 10 weeks minimum).

Royal Mail will do it for £76 or so if it goes the slow way. £105 is for the 3-day service
My goodness, things have changed! It almost makes personal delivery worthwhile!

P.S. The other way round (Oz-UK), Australia Post sea mail costs $AU54.50 (just over £31), so Royal Mail is clearly a right royal rip-off.

Keep international stuff below 2kg RM are competitive. Any thing over I use Interparcel, although their insured prices have gone up recently after they dropped basic cover to £25

I recently got quoted £27 by Royal mail, but by going on one of the parcel websites I think it was Parcel Monkey it was £17, they Emailed the label and I took it to the post office and got the same service as the £27 quote?

advertisement

Back