advertisement

Meridian 104 Tuner Q?

neiljadman

Noting much really - it works great - just that the bulb illuminating the meter is out - anyone know what it is?

Care to show any more of the 104? It's supposed to be very good indeed, and finding a nice one is on my 'want to try' list...

I'll post some pics... and yes they really are very good indeed...open, accurate and good bass. So good I have two...and I listen to it more the the NAT01/NAPST if that says anything.

Like everything 100 series Meridian they were strangled by the "power daisy chain" and really benefit from being connected directly to power.

This one started life as UK spec unit and was converted to US when I came over here 20 years ago. I just recapped it a few months ago and at the time didn't bother to replace the lamp as I couldn't find one at a high enough voltage. It's a T5 I think - anyway a 5mm LED slots right in, and runs of 32vAC directly after the transformer - hence the diode across the LED to block the reverse voltage.

But having 5 tuners a I have decided to part with this one - hence the desire to re-illuminate the meter. And the LED works remarkably well and should be more durable than another incandescent bulb.

I'll post some picx as soon as they have uploaded to photobucket.

Nice.

I hankered after one of those after I bought the 101 preamp (many, many moons ago)

DSCN2232.jpg

Got any internal pic's?

Mr Tibbs

What's that brown thing under the boards that looks like a paper bag?

Paper bag probably not, but treated paper of some sort it is. It's a feature of all 100 series units and I always assumed it's to prevent any accidental short from the underside of the board to the case things - are all very close together in these diminutive cases.

advertisement

Back