advertisement

Photokina 2008 - lots of decent stuff

Latest news is the Simga DP2, which appears to be a DP1 with a 40/2.8 equiv lens. More useful than the 28/4 appearing on the DP1 I would have thought.

I've got a DP1 and like the versatility of its 28mm lens - It does portraits as well as the more obvious stuff. The film-like IQ of this camera with its Foveon sensor never ceases to amaze me! That's not to say that I wouldn't mind a DP2 as well. I'm off to Vietnam next week with my DP1 and leaving my Canon D30 behind.

grivois

I heard the DP1 was very slow and "cluncky" (?) ? otherwise the DP2 sounds great, 40/F2.8 should be nice and the size is so right.

grivois how is the DP1's lens ?

With an OVF it's almost too good.

Omer.

Nikon have also finally designed a new 50mm 1.4 G lens that can be used on the likes of a D40 upwards, understand its gonna cost circa £227 !

Taffyboy1

grivois how is the DP1's lens ?
With an OVF it's almost too good.
Omer.

Hi Omer,

The 28 on the DP1 is, without question, one of the very best I've ever come across. It performs impeccably at all apertures and focus distances. Corners are dead sharp and there is virtually no distortion.

The OVF is a permanent fixture and I find it a useful alternative to the LCD.

I would like faster write times when using RAW. However, they seem to have fixed that with the new image processor.

grivois

advertisement

Back