advertisement

Help me spend....

lordsummit

I want some ideas for spending a £25 itunes voucher someone bought me. Unusual stuff I probably haven't heard but really ought to.....

Maybe electronica, or jazz, or any other genre. Just tell me what it is and why and I'll buy the ones that tickle my fancy so to speak.

I'm trying the PFM route to fulfillment

No way of knowing what you've already got of course, but I got a £25 iTunes voucher for Christmas and got this electronica,

a simple beautiful record I'd been meaning to get for ages...

3133V2EEW4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just checked for you, and this fairly mainstream, imposssible not to like, jazz is also on iTunes. Soundtrack to one of the best French films ever...

41w7Lz7l1RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Can you get the Kompakt 'Total' Series Complications on that ITunes there ?

If so, the latest one is 9 worth having a go is it.

DS

Four tet looks good, I'll look for that one. I've got loads of Miles, so I might pass although it's one I've never seen before. I'll have a listen to the Hotel Costes one as well.

Sorry DSS can't find those. Anex, I need more convincing, it sounds like something the kids at school might have :)

Dexter Gordon - Gettin' Around, just finished listening to this, if you don't feel moved listening to Who can I turn to (when nobody needs me) then you are already dead :cool:

lord, Search for DJ Koze, I'm somewhat amazed to say that dss's choice is on iTunes.

Steve Jobs is down with the sound of Superpitcher and all other flavours of German minimal house - lmao!

I have a few Dexter albums.

Go! is great, as is Doin' Alright. A Swingin' Affair and Blows Hot and Cold bore me a little though.

Luomo Vocalcity, finely crafted microhouse tunes that evolve slowly over 10-12 mins in an organic, glitchy, funky kinda way. £7.99 - bargain.

Rich

p.s. for the Kompakt album, search for 'total 9'

Does that iTunes have to Kompakt Extra Series 'Speicher' - Not the complilations, but the actuals tracks there?

I don't have any iTunes is it.

Also, Monolake is nice electronics, they might be on it.

DS

It'll have Monolake, cos I downloaded Remotable from their Cinemascope album from iTunes. Worth trying a whole album then ds, which one?

It'll have Monolake, cos I downloaded Remotable from their Cinemascope album from iTunes. Worth trying a whole album then ds, which one?

Alex, there are lots of good ones, 'Interstate' and 'Hong Kong' are up there is it.

Very topical at the moment is 'Cern'

I was advised today that T++, connected to Robert Henke is playing in Oct in That Manchester soon. I am very much a fan of T++, esp. Space / Pong there.

DS

Might I suggest Minutemen, Double Nickels On The Dime? its monumentally good & may even be the greatest album of all time.

DO get AlexN's 2nd recommendation (MDavis) but DON'T get his 1st (that Fourtet album is pants :D)

I think Fourtet is pretty boring. Don't much like his stuff with Steve Reid either.

anyway, I agree with Anex, the Dubstep Allstars compilations are among the best things I've picked up this year.

Fourtet is nice but dull, there are much more exciting things to get hold of. 'Deepchord presents Echospace - The Coldest Season' would be excellent as we descend into the grip of winter.

advertisement

Back