advertisement

leonard cohen @ the 02

Yep, best gig I've been to for a long time. Have wanted to see him for a long time, it was worth every penny I spent on the tickets for me and my gal.
My high points? 'Hallelujah' and 'If it be your will'- the girls harmonising on the latter brought tears to my eyes, just incredible.
Top band playing with him too, wish he didn't feel the need to keep reminding us who they were though!

yes it was quite emotional and agree that it was best show i've seen for ages. yes, the band was great and sound was pretty good too. i left a litttle early as i didn't fancy a hours wait at north greeenwich to get on a train, what were the encores?

Mate, you missed out-I think there was something like four encores, he just kept on skipping off and then coming back again. I was really surprised at how efficiently so many people got out so quickly afterwards, we got straight onto a tube and weren't crushed either! It can be done, even in Britain!
The encore songs I can recall included So Long, Sisters, Manhatten, the above duet by The Webb Sisters, Closing Time, I tried To Leave You

bollocks

i had a chat with one of the security blokes there who was telling that it was horrible on the way out.

nevermind

I saw Mr. Cohen in 1978 or so, amazing gig and recorded as Wing Commander Cohen. A very, very well recorded live album.

And I've just bought tix for november - hurrah!

I saw him at Glasto; lucky barsteward housemates should be back from O2 gig roughly as I type this, so will find out what it was like from them. Couldn't afford to see him twice!

advertisement

Back