advertisement

Rega rumours - Anything to share?

vln

Shuns mooks. And MQA.
Hi all,

1. On the rega saturn thread someone mentioned an upcoming CDP costing around 3 - 4000UKP. Personally I dont think it is a wise idea to work on high end CDP in this day and age of server-based music, but is there any more news on that?

2. In a review of some rega gear in a german mag at the beginning of 2007, they said that rega were working on a higher end integrated, which was supposed to come out later in 2007. Obviously this didnt happen, but Im sure it will come out this year. Does any one else have some information?

3. For some time now, rega has been working on a 'super fono', their high end phono stage. Any more news on that?

Does any one else have any rumours or information (preferably the latter...) on upcoming rega products or product revisions?

Samuel.

Hi all,

1. On the rega saturn thread someone mentioned an upcoming CDP costing around 3 - 4000UKP. Personally I dont think it is a wise idea to work on high end CDP in this day and age of server-based music, but is there any more news on that?

2. In a review of some rega gear in a german mag at the beginning of 2007, they said that rega were working on a higher end integrated, which was supposed to come out later in 2007. Obviously this didnt happen, but Im sure it will come out this year. Does any one else have some information?

3. For some time now, rega has been working on a 'super fono', their high end phono stage. Any more news on that?

Does any one else have any rumours or information (preferably the latter...) on upcoming rega products or product revisions?

Samuel.

New product to be announced later this week. :D

Off-topic I know (sorry!) but gromit, weren't you interested in demming a VPI a while back?

I was indeed - I'm toying with the idea of a new TT around the 2k mark. Getting a nice 2ndhand Planar 3 for my dad recently, setting it up, and having it playing in my system got me thinking. Ok the Rega's not as detailed, airy or gutsy as the NAS but it did get the old juices flowing in a 'isn't this fun' sort of fashion. It just got me wanting to play loads of records again. Therefore I have, at the back of my mind, a TT change.

A P8 would be Just Right. :)

Dave - I can only dream of a P9 so the 10 would be...er...a tad out of reach (more's the pity). :(

I would like a P??, as in the P9 without that ceramic platter, acrylic would do, would that be an 8. I understand that platter is the single most expensive bit on the 7 and 9.

I doubt Rega would ever release a cd player costing £4,000 - goes slightly against their ethos.

I'll happily audition an £2,000 cd player if they want to make one, though!!

Gromit,
there's a small dealer in my region (south Germany) selling his demo P9. 2,8k EUR.

I was tempted first, but decided I'm not ready to spend that much money on a TT yet.

And saving on electricity bills.

Gromit

Turn the heating down ;)

I really should calculate how much my 17 Watts of Class A is costing me but I haven't done so far.

Any way back to the thread

Peter (Proud owner of a Rega green P3 in second system)

Dear Topa,

I saw your setup, what is the wall mount you are using ?
Are you happy with it ?
Also interesting are the plates you have under the Kan, what material is it ?
Thanks in advance (and sorry for the OT)
Servus
Olivier

PS: is the P25 the predecessor of the actual P5 ???

I was indeed - I'm toying with the idea of a new TT around the 2k mark. Getting a nice 2ndhand Planar 3 for my dad recently, setting it up, and having it playing in my system got me thinking. Ok the Rega's not as detailed, airy or gutsy as the NAS but it did get the old juices flowing in a 'isn't this fun' sort of fashion. It just got me wanting to play loads of records again. Therefore I have, at the back of my mind, a TT change.

A P8 would be Just Right. :)

Dave - I can only dream of a P9 so the 10 would be...er...a tad out of reach (more's the pity). :(

Thanks for the info, Gromit. It must be said that part of the enduring appeal of a Rega is the utter simplicity of set-up. If it's true that Rega are planning a new TT I'd be intrigued myself because this is something they very rarely do.

Dear Topa,

I saw your setup, what is the wall mount you are using ?
Are you happy with it ?
Also interesting are the plates you have under the Kan, what material is it ?
Thanks in advance (and sorry for the OT)
Servus
Olivier

PS: is the P25 the predecessor of the actual P5 ???

Sort of, they (who ever They are keep telling me the 5 is better, not so certain they are right. The 7 however is, markedly so.

Rega are teasing us all. They have e-mailed to say that a new product will be announced this week.

I await with bated breath.

Personally I would like a m/coil cartridge priced between the Exact and the Apheta. Or, as Terry Bateman is a tube man, what about a Rega all tube phono stage or integrated amp ? :D

advertisement

Back