advertisement

Your Favourite Album Of All Time

Lee T

pfm Member
I have so many but there can be only one for me
Pulse - Pink Floyd

It's an intense listen & a highlight, among many has to be High Hopes, the guitars on this track get me every time.
I can't imagine a better selection of "rock" tracks, played with such intensity anywhere in the universe.

I’ve 42 albums I consider as near as damnit perfect. They cover roughly 84 years and I have no idea how I would narrow that down to 1 favourite or indeed why I would ever need to. All are favourited on my streamer and I have done so on the basis that I can select one at random or set up a mix at random and I will not come across a duff track. Neither of the first two suggestions appear. Although I’m a Big Star fan I’d say it’s a stretch to describe it as a favourite or perfect. Some classic tracks on there but only some.

It's a cliche, but for me it's Ziggy, every track is fantastic and they are in the perfect order. I can only think of about 5 or so albums I could consider perfect and this is the most perfect of them all. Never will I ever tire of it and considering I first listened to it nearly 50 years ago that's good going.

Pulse - Pink Floyd

It's an intense listen & a highlight, among many has to be High Hopes, the guitars on this track get me every time.
I can't imagine a better selection of "rock" tracks, played with such intensity anywhere in the universe.

Its really well recorded too

Pulse - Pink Floyd

Was there and it's a great reminder of how good it was. Excellent live album.

A cautious reply, would be, that some albums are favoured for the musical satisfaction I get, and some are for evoking a certain memory. The two are worlds apart, but favoured none the less.
Something by Little Feat for its musical content, and for memories, probably Marvin Gaye (she was my first love)

VDGG - Pawn Hearts. First heard it when I was 17. A bit of a grower, but soon became my faourite album, and still is now aged 62.

Nearly impossible choice ( probably around 20 close favourites) but if I had to choose one if would be Marilion - Clutching At Straws, strong and poetic lyrics resonating with particular time in my life and those guitar solos to die for. Close second Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and Peter Gabriel - So

advertisement

Back