advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

GGNTKT M1S speakers

The last piece of hifi I bought, and the last piece of hifi I will buy (barring winning the lottery forcing an upgrade, or bankruptcy forcing a downgrade)

My personal end game finally :)
Very interesting, very modern speakers J. Could you say a little about them? Why did you go in that direction?

Very interesting, very modern speakers J. Could you say a little about them? Why did you go in that direction?
I went active years ago with meridian dsp6000 and that was the end of amps for me. Then tried Devialet Phantom when they came out which I loved and went through a few pairs, with Kii Three and Cabasse Pearl in the middle.

So the Kii were the best of the bunch with their. Cardioid response, but very expensive, and very deep so took up lots of space sticking out into my small room about 60cm. And they didn’t look as nice as the Devialet for me

I always wanted to try Devialet amps so fell off the active band wagon for a year with a couple of those and a wonderful pair of Bastahis horn speakers, and more recently Art Audio speakers. I really loved both but the horn speaker sound really stuck in my head over the years. They were just a bit imposing in the room :)

But was always on the look out for a cheap pair of Kii or Dutch & Dutch 8c to go back to the cardioid sound I fell in love with - but I kind of knew they were too big for my room depth wise

So cardioid / not stick out in the room / cheaper than Kii / built in DSP with PEQ / go deep / horn loaded tweeter? / look nice with more modern clean lines like the Devialet?

Stumbled across the GGNTKT and it ticked all my boxes - and what a bonus they sound absolutely stunning too! Can’t compare side by side with the Kii and they were a few years ago, but I think the only difference would be at very high volumes in large rooms which I dont need :) :)

The only downside an external box for the amp / dac, and no remote or app - but Ive learned over the years there will always be a compromise - and I’m good with that small concession!

Links to a couple of pics in my room on a dedicated thread on ASR
Post in thread 'GGNTKT Model M1'
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ggntkt-model-m1.12959/post-1593096

Happy days

Last edited:
I went active years ago with meridian dsp6000 and that was the end of amps for me. Then tried Devialet Phantom when they came out which I loved and went through a few pairs, with Kii Three and Cabasse Pearl in the middle.

So the Kii were the best of the bunch with their. Cardioid response, but very expensive, and very deep so took up lots of space sticking out into my small room about 60cm. And they didn’t look as nice as the Devialet for me

I always wanted to try Devialet amps so fell off the active band wagon for a year with a couple of those and a wonderful pair of Bastahis horn speakers, and more recently Art Audio speakers. I really loved both but the horn speaker sound really stuck in my head over the years. They were just a bit imposing in the room :)

But was always on the look out for a cheap pair of Kii or Dutch & Dutch 8c to go back to the cardioid sound I fell in love with - but I kind of knew they were too big for my room depth wise

So cardioid / not stick out in the room / cheaper than Kii / built in DSP with PEQ / go deep / horn loaded tweeter? / look nice with more modern clean lines like the Devialet?

Stumbled across the GGNTKT and it ticked all my boxes - and what a bonus they sound absolutely stunning too! Can’t compare side by side with the Kii and they were a few years ago, but I think the only difference would be at very high volumes in large rooms which I dont need :) :)

The only downside an external box for the amp / dac, and no remote or app - but Ive learned over the years there will always be a compromise - and I’m good with that small concession!

Links to a couple of pics in my room on a dedicated thread on ASR
Post in thread 'GGNTKT Model M1'
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ggntkt-model-m1.12959/post-1593096

Happy days
Brilliant and exactly the opposite to my own take on hifi. Thanks for sharing.

Latest tube find - the CV9. Probably means nothing to you guys, but I use pretty esoteric tubes in my amps. CV9 are old Mullard 4v output tubes with top caps and side contact bases. Just got a box of 8 in the post and looking forward to trying them out! No EL84s or EL34s in my amps, thank you. This is what they look like.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
IMG-0722.jpg

Opera Consonance DAC 16

The new Moon 761 power amp has arrived and I'm pleased with the results.

It does everything the 760 did but better and adds better texture and harmonic nuances to the mix - from what I've owned/listened to its a bit like taking all the advantages of the Moon 860v2 and the Aesthetix Atlas Signature (without the self-cremation) and putting them in the same box.

The fact that it looks cool just adds to the overall effect :cool:

I really wanted to get back into music quality, as my first and last purchase was a Pioneer PL12D.

Thats should give you all a good laugh:)

But about 20+ years ago I went into a "Hi-Fi" shop in Shrewsbury to ask about Quad, as a mate of mine had, had some when we played in a band circa 1978. The "assistant" for want of a better name, did a Harry Enfield Pah!, and I left. I lost interest after that
:)

Latest acquisition is a 150hr Hana Umami Red, and very nice it sounds too on the 401.
Also lining up a PX deal on a Per Winfield Ti, the 401 is certainly getting spoilt at the moment.
jur6hdf.jpeg

ZHAxMP2.jpeg

The new Moon 761 power amp has arrived and I'm pleased with the results.

It does everything the 760 did but better and adds better texture and harmonic nuances to the mix - from what I've owned/listened to its a bit like taking all the advantages of the Moon 860v2 and the Aesthetix Atlas Signature (without the self-cremation) and putting them in the same box.

The fact that it looks cool just adds to the overall effect :cool:
Brilliant , delighted with my moon 330a with the verity audio rienzi.these highly detailed beauties deserve a decent class ab . Would buy another any day if funds permitted

advertisement

Back