advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of two rolls were shot in St James Cemetery and of the Anglican Cathedral, so I'm guessing this was from St James Place or Upper Parliament Street, looking over towards the Mersey and the docks.

3D map view shows there is still one stack in that neighbourhood (at the brewery in Stanhope Street) and the incline looks about right.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.395...4!1sXiwC7odAw4lj59ZyD1rINg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Cains Brewery - viewed from Toxteth side back towards central Liverpool

Cains Brewery (Liverpool) - Cinema Project 001
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Cains Brewery - viewed from Toxteth side back towards central Liverpool

Cains Brewery (Liverpool) - Cinema Project 001
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
I imagine this is something to do with my family, Cain not being a common name, and that side of the family coming from Liverpool. Somewhere I have a Victorian beer bottle from this brewery - sadly its quite a plain one, Cain's didn't, unfortunately, go in for elaborate punning embossed trademarks as was the fashion then. Great to see a picture of the brewery - didn't know it still existed.

Not been on PFM for ages. I'd forgotten the amazing standard of the photography on here. Well done all. Some nice moody scenes and some nice winter scenes in the recent pics.:)

The low viewpoint gives this an incredible sense of scale and depth, all accentuated by the storm.

Thanks - was quite a day! Mrs G had gone with our girls, shopping in Kowloon and I'd just taken the ferry over from the Island. A huge squall blew up, so dense that for a couple of minutes you couldn't actually see each side of the harbour. We than waited nearly 10 mins to disembark to allow the swell to calm.

I just adore this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom