advertisement

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The page is turning on British history. Downgrading itself from a leading power to a medium size mature economy, with a new name. Eventually the UNSC permanent seat will be challenged. There should be one for Europe.
Because the SNP won a landslide victory? I think you'll still be strumming the independence guitar five years from now.

Already done that, trigger.

When are you going to make a post that is on the topic of the thread? If you support the nationalists you’ll be safe from accusations of posting BS and of being a troll or a bore.

The numbers I posted earlier and then you mentioned bullshit. Where? Which numbers were wrong?

Kindly point out where I said the numbers were wrong? (FWIW, I haven't checked them, primarily because they're irrelevant to the matter in hand)

The BS is you being economical with the truth in your assertion about what Nicola Sturgeon has said in respect of a further independence referendum, as well as your factually incorrect assertion that the SNP do not have a mandate. Again, if you had followed my earlier suggestion, you would know this, but letting facts, that don't fit with your bias, get in the way of more BS, seems to be (part of) your MO.

Kindly point out where I said the numbers were wrong? (FWIW, I haven't checked them, primarily because they're irrelevant to the matter in hand)
I never said you said the numbers were wrong, but numbers were the point of the post and you said I was posting bullshit.

Are the numbers correct or are they bullshit?

There must have been a touch of masochism in our choice of route. Sometimes we were coming from the alps, other times the pyrenees. But both routes always involved at least a half circuit of the periphique. You're clearly more organised than we ever were
The major problem is that all roads lead to Paris and every satnav takes you to the périphique and out this nightmare route near Versailles. I finally got fed up with the satnav telling me "make a U-turn when possible" and sought a better way.

Because the SNP won a landslide victory? I think you'll still be strumming the independence guitar five years from now.
Correction - the SNP won a landslide victory on an unambiguous stance for a further referendum, which at the moment - unless circumstances change substantially - they would win.
That's what you meant to say, isn't it?

Already done that, trigger.

When are you going to make a post that is on the topic of the thread? If you support the nationalists you’ll be safe from accusations of posting BS and of being a troll or a bore.

Well it certainly won't be until you stop being childish, so that's unlikely to be any time soon given your litany of pathetic and immature repetitive nonsense you post on here day in, day out!

PS it's not about supporting the nationalists or any such thing, it's about presenting logical and reasoned arguments either way based on more than 'I don't like the Scots so I'll make shit up".

Correction - the SNP won a landslide victory on an unambiguous stance for a further referendum, which at the moment - unless circumstances change substantially - they would win.
That's what you meant to say, isn't it?
I guess you know something that the rest of the UK don't, but having read your frothing on here and elsewhere I don't think you do.

Correction - the SNP won a landslide victory on an unambiguous stance for a further referendum,

Amongst other things...

Given (as we were often reminded by posters on PFM) you vote for the party that is closest to what you want, you cannot assume that every vote for the SNP was about an independence referendum. It could have been to stop Brexit, it could have been for more investment in social care etc etc.

Amongst other things...

Given (as we were often reminded by posters on PFM) you vote for the party that is closest to what you want, you cannot assume that every vote for the SNP was about an independence referendum. It could have been to stop Brexit, it could have been for more investment in social care etc etc.
Well, it could have....but seeing as this is the single issue most identified with the SNP, were you opposed to it your vote would have gone elsewhere, wouldn't it?

Well, it could have....but seeing as this is the single issue most identified with the SNP, were you opposed to it your vote would have gone elsewhere, wouldn't it?

And 55% of Scotland's electorate did just that. So what's a better indication of wanting a referendum: seats won or share of votes cast?

If you're pro-referendum and (possibly) pro-independence, I guess it's seats won, for those who are anti, it'll be votes. :)

And 55% of Scotland's electorate did just that. So what's a better indication of wanting a referendum: seats won or share of votes cast?

If you're pro-referendum and (possibly) pro-independence, I guess it's seats won, for those who are anti, it'll be votes. :)
So give us the figures for votes?

advertisement

Back