advertisement

Shooting in texas

Not again.... 27 now it seems... And sparklers are banned on safety grounds in some US states in shops that sell guns to anyone.

Not again.... 27 now it seems... And sparklers are banned on safety grounds in some US states in shops that sell guns to anyone.

Seriously? :confused:

These attacks/shootings are becoming so commonplace that I’ll bet this thread doesn’t end up being more than a couple of pages long.

They knew what they were signing up for going to a public place.

Is what Trump might tweet regarding this latest gun horror.

They knew what they were signing up for going to a public.

Is what Trump might tweet regarding this latest gun horror.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan.
8:06 PM - Nov 5, 2017
21,267 21,267 Replies 22,621

There is a mass shooting (defined as 4 or more fatalities) pretty much every day in the USA. Why is yet another treated as news?

Hope it was a ****** doing the shootin'
Even up the score card a tad. Just saying, no offence intended.

Bloss

And the shooters skin colour immediately showed that this was not terrorism

Yep. He was no doubt a righteous and Christian gun owner who got a bit confused...

I have now made a conscious decision not to get excited over these shootings. I does me no good and it does the US public no good.

The ****wits will hopefully learn eventually.

And sparklers are banned on safety grounds in some US states in shops that sell guns to anyone.
The threat of wild fires that engulf whole states must be a bigger concern that the number of lives that can be taken with a full clip of bullets.

Other than the shooter being white and early 20s has any real information come out about this yet? Motive, congregation race etc. Trying to figure out if it is just yet another random nutter with access to as many guns as they can afford or an act of far-right/white supremacist terrorism? Not that the two states are mutually exclusive.

Other than the shooter being white and early 20s has any real information come out about this yet? Motive, congregation race etc. Trying to figure out if it is just yet another random nutter with access to as many guns as they can afford or an act of far-right/white supremacist terrorism? Not that the two states are mutually exclusive.

If you google his name you'll see some sites claiming he was either a recent muslim convert and/or a member of antifa. The same sites will also tend to claim that his social media footprint has already been deleted by the authorities to conceal the truth.

I doubt either claim is true, but (assuming I'm right about that) it shows how virulent the far-right has become in propagating falsehoods that support its version of events. In contrast, the liberal media is burdened with fact-checking and slow off the blocks in comparison.

Thus far-right sympathisers (+ Trump supporters) are able to maintain their belief systems because they are tapping into sources of (mis)information that pre-rationalise their prejudices before any other information can gain a foothold.

Of course, if the shooter in this case really is a muslim convert, I'm going to look a little foolish.

You have to admire the gall of the logic that people come up with. "He was banned from owning any guns at all under some ordinance, so what possible law would have stopped him doing this?"

Also apparently., the bloke's Facebook profile pic was of an AR15, which sort of puts the whole right wing paranoia about "They're monitoring you trying to take your guns off you at the slightest excuse" in some perspective".

The whole paranoid right are suffering from collective butt hurt, having been scammed by a lone poster on twitter who had the whole of them fall for a totally fake "Antifa rising" on the 4th. They have been mercilessly taken to the cleaners over that one as have some MSM outlets who also fell for it hook line and sinker without making the briefest of checks which would have made it obvious it was a wind up.

It's not quite as bad as it all seems. Breitbart has had 90% of its' advertisers quit, the notable exceptions being guess who? You're right, Google and Amazon. Fox News take from ads is down 17%.

I find it fascinating that centuries after the Enlightenment with such abundant technology, that an advanced society can be dragged back the Guy Fawkes era through rumour, fundamentalism, denial of rational thought and the wilful spread of lies. The biggest surprise though is that a POTUS is himself an engine of it. When does the witch burning start?

advertisement

Back