advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look just as a column of professional subwoofers, they even have the handle, and the paint is similar..

Not nice? Please show me your result also in 5dB steps. ;)

I tried DIRAC a few minutes ago, it sounded not as good as without.

I don't have one anymore I'm afraid - used to fret over this all the time as I was involved in helping Peter at Tact many moons ago demonstrating the original 2.0 and 2.2x.

Unless that's a before and after (sorry I'm not familiar with the software), a good response is usually even and gently falling away whereas that (the first graphic) appears to be effectively flat with a significant suckout in the vital midrange area - where the music lives.

I can show you my normal listening levels these days though - remarkably engaging, exciting and informative.

22519194_10155748294254076_9017834213210036736_n.jpg

The thing is that it looks way different when you use 10dB steps then when you use 5dB steps. In your case it was 20dB steps. With 20dB steps my roommeasurement will be a flat line.;)

I bet your room measurement with carma in 5dB steps without a EQ would be way worse then my.;)

http://www.audionet.de/apps/carma/

And buy the way, it is a horn speaker, they are usually not as flat as conventional designs. You can make the speakers also flat as a line, but you will lose dynamic and efficiency.

Also this is a living room, not a acoustic dead chamber. I don't know many living rooms which measure so good without a EQ.

The thing is that it looks way different when you use 10dB steps then when you use 5dB steps.

As I say I don't have mine anymore but I'm pretty sure there was no 10db suck out in the midrange - here's a Tact screen for comparison.

tact20fig3.GIF

I bet your measurement with carma would be way worse.

Maybe. I bet what I'm listening to will sound more authentic though ;)

In truth, playing around with software teaches audio lovers a lot IME. You end up learning all sorts of information about wavelengths, standing waves and room gain that most have no idea about.

In my case that enabled me to select loudspeakers that I knew would acoustically work in my listening environment without recourse to sticking plasters.

Sorry I don't see a 10dB suckout at my midrange in the measurements if i take a middleline at -12,5dB.
You can't look at the highest points, you have to take a middle.

Still your example is in 10dB steps which look far better because they don't show the truth as hard as in 5dB steps.

Even Tacts room has a 10db suckout in the midrange.;)

Why do you think that?
I bet what I'm listening to will sound more authentic though.

By the way, may you show us some pics too from your stuff.:)

Cellofan, by your -12.5db centre it’s a 7-8db drop in the heart of the mid-range. You might have simply got used to it (we all would) but you may be rewarded if you can fix it.

I'd say Cellofans measurement looks pretty good.

Here's mine, I do have some DSP on that bass peak but I can't measure after as it's done through JRiver, so this is without any correction. Both speakers together.
WtRUWzc.png

Hmm, I must measure my system.

Perhaps we should hive off a number of posts here into a “Show is your measurements” thread? Mod?

I have done it before, when I had ATC 50s - and my room has a 38hz mode. My current speakers roll off around 40hz, but it would be worth a look for sure.

I took delivery of a pair of Paul Coupe's custom Tannoy crossovers last week for my MG15s. The build quality is amazing and they sound as good as they look. I couldn't be happier.

5Ottlbgh.jpg

Lp2FMZsh.jpg

I took delivery of a pair of Paul Coupe's custom Tannoy crossovers last week for my MG15s. The build quality is amazing and they sound as good as they look. I couldn't be happier.

Not sure I'd like to have a turntable that close to a Tannoy 15" driver cabinet.

Can we have more pictures of scruffy front rooms rather than these designer spaces to make me feel better about my gaff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back