advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i'd join in with the Shahinian love in. I've been interested in trying these speakers since reading a review back in Critic quite a few years back. A pair popped up in the classifieds this week and i picked them up yesterday. Still a bit of playing around to do with final positioning but they're sounding very nice at the moment (and the missus likes them too !)

Not much in the way of changes elsewhere. Devialet 220 Pro fronted by a Melco N1A. Cables are a Chord Signature TA USB and Van Damme Blue for the speakers.

1wMqCzt.jpg

Looks great!

Re: The speaker poster thing; why the hell did they use a modified pair of JR149s with such hopelessly naff DIY covers? They should look like this:

36660877264_d8efdd0120_b.jpg

....and essential canine room acoustics treatment, complete with isolator. Sorry feline owners, those models are too small!
:D

Moved last weekend, set up system yesterday... still a few things to add... two paintings and a rug etc.
Rooms is 4.7m long, 4.5m wide, ceiling is 2.4m. Sitting in 2.5m equilateral triangle. Speakers are 22/28cm from the back wall and centred along the 4.5m width.

Very nice set up.

The SM100's really are superb - I cannot imagine ever changing mine.

Alexey,
I liked your previous "old school" system already, but the new one sounds very interesting.
I've always fancied a Leben. I'm surprised you run it with the Regas. To me, they seem unfit and not worthy of such a capable amp.
And why not run the Leben with the Proacs?
PS: No digital at all, or is there some small DAC hiding behind the records?

It's just a temporary solution. But strange to say Kytes enjoyed me more ProAcs. Rega simpler, but have a perfect drive.
Now I've been looking new speakers, Harbeth, Spendor, Linn ...I haven't decided yet.
Digital source - M2tech Young and CD Sony CDP 715

Kytes came to me by chance and I were very surprised. Absolutely didn't expect such a good sound from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back