advertisement

Sonos Lose the Plot

Modern take on the old Magnavox and RCA consoles. Has it’s place and can potentially sound good, though I’d expect more than a cheap Project apapted deck for the money.

reminds me of old fashioned music centres I have seen in the skip lol

Their current offerings are effectively digital 'music centres', so this is in keeping with their all in one, compromised, and overly expensive products...;)

Talk about trying to cash in on a trend, I can hear their sales wonks now...

"quick, chuck a cheap TT in a wooden box and lets market it as a 'cool, retro sterogram' "

Retro?
I'd rather have a Clairtone.
g2_reel_clean.jpg

The article calls it a “vinyl player” rather than a turntable or record player. Kids these days :rolleyes:

Nearly 4 grand and it comes with an OM5E, which is a joke considering if you buy that TT on it's own it comes bundled with a 2M Red!

Their marketing team has their work cut out, how the hell do they expect to sell that!? and at such a high price ?? I guess separates have really fallen out of fashion, you could build a better sounding system for MUCH less.

Which rather misses the point - there are a ton of people who don't want to know about hifi, or have any interest in making a system. Some, if they see a device that fits their pad or budget or lifestyle, will see this box and buy it. It will doubtless do what they need.

advertisement

Back