advertisement

Tonearm cable recommendations.

early

pfm Member
Hi folks,

I need a tonearm cable that has very good shielding, my current Van Damme cable picks up rfi and it's starting to drive me nuts.

Can anyone recommend anything?.

I use vdH and like it as it tends to be very well screened and very low capacitance so MM cart friendly. I use a SME made vdH 501 Hybrid on my 124/3009 and like it a lot. I shouldn’t spam-up the thread, but I do have some vdH Wave going spare which makes for a nice tonearm cable if 80cm is long enough for you and you like bright green.

Hi folks,

I need a tonearm cable that has very good shielding, my current Van Damme cable picks up rfi and it's starting to drive me nuts.

Can anyone recommend anything?.

Van Damme cable is as well screened as anything. Has it been correctly terminated.

Van Damme cable is as well screened as anything. Has it been correctly terminated.

Yes, I've taken it off the tt and checked. Screens are tied to the din connector side and ground wire. The screen is left floating at the rca side.

The screening isn't that great on the Van Damme's, something like Tony's VDH Wave suggestion would be much better with its three screens.

I use vdH and like it as it tends to be very well screened and very low capacitance so MM cart friendly. I use a SME made vdH 501 Hybrid on my 124/3009 and like it a lot. I shouldn’t spam-up the thread, but I do have some vdH Wave going spare which makes for a nice tonearm cable if 80cm is long enough for you and you like bright green.

Thanks Tony but 80cm would be a bit tight. Does anyone sell this stuff by the metre?.

Just thought I'd update this , you never know it may help someone else .

I bought a Oyaide PA-2075 tonearm cable and this has total eradicated all the airborne rfi
I was getting . It is worth mentioning that it is quite stiff , it wouldn't suit a sprung deck .

Just thought I'd update this , you never know it may help someone else .

I bought a Oyaide PA-2075 tonearm cable and this has total eradicated all the airborne rfi
I was getting . It is worth mentioning that it is quite stiff , it wouldn't suit a sprung deck .

advertisement

Back