advertisement

Reviewer : Michael Fremer

Cool, will watch later. One of the good guys IMHO. He is actually a pfm member somewhere, but sadly I think we frightened him off! I’m still a Stereophile subscriber so read his column every month and every now and again find myself on Analogue Planet. I’m rather more ‘Art Dudley’ when it comes to kit though (vintage is alive and well on Stereophile!).

Great quality video but I think he should stick to writing in Stereophile.

He does like his bling and hyperbole though.

Is he married out of interest?

Thanks. I enjoyed watching this. Great to see a man who is passianate about what he does. I would love to listen to that TT and those amps. The speakers would never make it alive past my wife. Neither would the "hoses" he uses for cables.

Just watched it, he’s good fun, made me laugh several times. I like his garage sale stories. How the hell is his copy of Metal Box not rusty?

Fremer's video was great with many truths, considering it sounded unscripted, like cables and racks do make a difference, and it is possible to play a record 1000's of times and not wear it out.

I enjoy Fremer*, but I think you meant 'untruths'...

Paul

*I remember interactions in venues prior to the web.

Cool, will watch later. One of the good guys IMHO. He is actually a pfm member somewhere, but sadly I think we frightened him off! I’m still a Stereophile subscriber so read his column every month and every now and again find myself on Analogue Planet. I’m rather more ‘Art Dudley’ when it comes to kit though (vintage is alive and well on Stereophile!).

Shame, I'd love to see him posting here, I think he's a genuine good egg.

While talking about 30k cables:

"i know what im hearing, okay?"

How can he truly believe it takes Tara lab 2 full weeks to build a single pair of speaker wires?

While talking about 30k cables:

"i know what im hearing, okay?"

How can he truly believe it takes Tara lab 2 full weeks to build a single pair of speaker wires?

I can believe it, remember, he says he hasn't bought the cable, he just trusts his ears and doesn't need to know why it works. His advice for the cable naysayers is just borrow some (as he does) and listen.

I enjoy Fremer*, but I think you meant 'untruths'...

Paul

*I remember interactions in venues prior to the web.

By implication you enjoy listening to liars
Remember he's not selling anything except himself and of course his video.

The Art Dudley video is wonderful.

I'm reminded that we took a "PFM" trip to Shindo Labs as our late friend (and Stereophile contributor) Markus S owned some of his amplifiers and wanted to make the pilgrimage.

So, on a trip to Tokyo to visit another PFM regular (who was stuck in hospital at the time), and with the guys from Lyra, we took Markus to Shindo.

21686326_10155681621519076_4084272364445911289_n.jpg

And to an underground Tokyo music bar where the German was the only one NOT drinking beer...

21617854_10155681621529076_326876064609724442_n.jpg

Markus is sadly missed.

I liked the video and Fremer. He ssems like an honest and entertaining guy, not afraid to make fun of himself.

But hey let's turn it into a cable pantomime thread instead. Oh yes they do (make a difference)

But hey let's turn it into a cable pantomime thread instead. Oh yes they do (make a difference)
They make a difference in your internal reality. The only question is whether you can discuss that interestingly. Like, for example, Michael Fremer or Art Dudley manage...

Paul

They make a difference in your internal reality. The only question is whether you can discuss that interestingly. Like, for example, Michael Fremer or Art Dudley manage...

Paul

Or perhaps your system isn't set up well enough to be able to hear any difference in cables ;)

advertisement

Back