advertisement

Dynaudio BM5a MKII tweeter issue

Eddie Teflon

pfm Member
I've been enjoying my Dynaudio's for just over a couple of years now as part of my DJ set up (as recommended by someone on here).

Last week one of the tweeters started distorting and buzzing. By the end of my radio show the distortion had stopped but I'd lost all of the top end.

Real Electronics (the UK service centre) are wanting £100 just for labour and return shipping and haven't yet even told me an estimated cost.

I'm assuming I need to replace the tweeter. Has anyone on here ever done this and/or know where I can get a replacement please?

Thanks in advance....

Contact Dynaudio directly and try to grt a replacement. You can swap it yourself.
No need to pay £100 to send your speakers.

Don't ever send anything back to the distributor, EVER... just order the parts and do it yourself, i have a spare tweeter here if you need the part number.

Thanks, I'll be trying this myself now. Wasn't sure if it was an easy job but a few others have told me it is. Just need to get the part now.

@Space is the Place - yes please re the part number. Think the one I found is for the MKI rather than the MKII. And where did you get yours from?

Don't ever send anything back to the distributor, EVER... just order the parts and do it yourself, i have a spare tweeter here if you need the part number.

The number is 80482, the tweeter comes with a gasket and fitting instructions or the one i have here does, i'd sell you mine, but im sort of keeping it in the hope that one day i'll get the transformer rewound and the MkII's up on and running.

advertisement

Back