advertisement

One for all you Mains Cable Junkies...

I have tried the Entreq offering. Didn't actually like what it did, but what amazed me was it made a difference at all.

A cable that runs from a spare RCA to a standalone box of dirt, WTF.

Why are you surprised that attaching an aerial to an unused input makes a difference.

i'm guessing your inputs aren't lifted for gnd and signal by relays when switched off.

Apparently the Nordost QX2 or QX4 can prevent your TV pictures being flat and two-dimensional. An amazing achievement!

It's a common mode choke in a box and an led with its own smps. Holy shit that Nordost box is pure bullshit.

Dalby+D4000U+Reuben+hybrid+power.jpg

Alan is a very decent bloke, I've met him several times, though sadly there is no intellectual rigor or cross-referencing to that review the way I'd expect in say Stereophile or TAS. If he can hear a difference, and I'm not going to argue that he can't as I'm not an arrogant tosser, then I would like to understand why, i.e. the existing earthing on his system needs to be properly assessed and the product under review put on the test bench to see exactly what it is doing.

Alan is a very decent bloke, I've met him several times, though sadly there is no intellectual rigor or cross-referencing to that review the way I'd expect in say Stereophile or TAS. If he can hear a difference, and I'm not going to argue that he can't as I'm not an arrogant tosser, then I would like to understand why, i.e. the existing earthing on his system needs to be properly assessed and the product under review put on the test bench to see exactly what it is doing.

And above all, compared to just running an earth lead using basic house wiring cable.

If he can hear a difference, and I'm not going to argue that he can't as I'm not an arrogant tosser, then I would like to understand why.

And would I be an arrogant tosser to suggest that non-physical causes might be one possible explanation, and maybe even suggesting the results need to be independently verified before being taken seriously?

advertisement

Back