advertisement

NAS drive / i-tunes mp3 query.

Weekender

pfm Member
I have a NAS drive which I stream from with a Cambridge Audio streamer.
I have an external hard drive with some vinyl rips to mp3 which was used on i-tunes.

Can I just copy the mp3 files from the external hard drive to the music folder of the NAS and play via the streamer?

Is there any software to associated LP covers to the mps files that will be retained on the NAS? I have JRiver but it is not very intuitive.

Thanks.

If it's any good the CA should be looking for new files as they are added to the NAS and will then index and get cover art.

JRMC does this but I think you have to tell it to scan real time

Just tried a copy and the CA has found it and is playing the mp3. No cover art but that is not a biggie.

Not sure automatic cover art recovery works on home-made LP rips - probably depends on how well you added metadata to your files.

When I have no cover art for my obscure music, I just copy the picture from discogs or elsewhere on the net, place the picture in the same sub-directroy as the music files and rename the picture file "folder".

Not sure automatic cover art recovery works on home-made LP rips - probably depends on how well you added metadata to your files.
Probably not very...

When I have no cover art for my obscure music, I just copy the picture from discogs or elsewhere on the net, place the picture in the same sub-directroy as the music files and rename the picture file "folder".
Tried it. Didn't work. Not to worry. Ta.

Well there you are: in windows explorer - right click on the mp3-then select Edit ID tag
Then my dbpoweramp ripping software intervenes with its add album art option-load from internet or local file.
Pictured copied from Discogs now appearing on streamer with playback.
Cool.
Thanks again.

advertisement

Back