advertisement

Apple Keynote. Have I missed something?

X is not entry level. It is positioned above IPhone 8.

I meant entry within the line of X models. I would love one but hmm, i'll stick with what I have, 6S for work and not caring about, 7 Plus which gets completely different treatment, both sound mighty fine with an AQ RED DAC.

We all knew they were going to push the 1k mark, and so they have.

Just my opinion.

If they want that money they can **** off.

I feel sorry for parents, partners and many others who will feel the pressure to spend twice what they need to on their loved ones when the marketing BS kicks in.

Typed on a 2008 MacBook 3.1 using 6.8.

**** them.

The miserable state of £ justifies Apple just using USA pricing and replacing the $ with a £. I will be keeping my 6s for a while yet.

The new iPhones are cheap relative to fancy mains cables and interconnects but, wow, toys are getting expensive. On the other hand, I marvel at our ability as a species to send each other animated crap emojis. Back in my day the best we had was a flaming bag of crap left on a doorstep.

Joe

having only read about the device, i just realized a day later that it is called the iphone TEN and not a tribute to malcom X.

vuk.

The miserable state of £ justifies Apple just using USA pricing and replacing the $ with a £. I will be keeping my 6s for a while yet.

It's actually the same whatever the $/£ ratio is.

£999 is inc VAT, $999 is ex sales tax, so a comparison is more $999/£832.50

Bargain.

Mind you $999 is £753.45 at today's rates.

Stephen

lf technology keeps advancing at this rate I predict it won't be long before we will all be able to buy mobile phones for more than £1000.

A video for the new iPhone just appeared on my facebook feed. I watched it. Is that all there is?

I bet the face recognition only works 4 times out of 5 and people just turn it (just like that fingerprint BS). Really looking forward to people doing their animated emojis at gigs and all that. Maybe they will drop it an add the cracked iPhone screen brigade.

They're clutching at straws. Do you really need that fast a processor to... i) make phone calls, ii) look up contacts, iii) play Spotify, iv) play the odd game/video? Although if I want to magiically make a dinosaur appear with the augmented reality stuff I guess that would really make my day complete. It's not an xBox.

What is it that makes android users so jealous, andyoz? Do you get so heated about owners of Rolex watches whose timepieces are no more accurate than a 10$ Casio?

I just don't get what's so special about these new features.
It looks like it has a nice case but that will be covered anyway.
The video I saw didn't talk about specifics like screen resolution, etc.
It just seemed like a gimmicky video but maybe it was edited for a specific audience.
Here's the video.
The only thing that grabs me is the camera but others seem to be very close anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use the new watch without an iPhone? If so I will probably go for a watch and a 4G iPad mini for email and safari. I just don't need all the silly stuff.

Why they haven't come up with head mounted ones yet God alone knows tied in with ophthalmoscopy and retinal imaging. Tied to face recognition and head movement surely it's the future?

1606_fig01.gif

Most people have the bloody things virtually glued to their ears right now so why not use just the one sense in future given that people are finding sense more and more of a rare commodity.

Leaves the hands free for something far more appropriate for someone dumping a grand on a phone.

Just my opinion.

If they want that money they can **** off.

I feel sorry for parents, partners and many others who will feel the pressure to spend twice what they need to on their loved ones when the marketing BS kicks in.

Typed on a 2008 MacBook 3.1 using 6.8.

**** them.

Well, I don't actually own a smartphone, just the most basic Nokia mobile that I bought about five years ago, but there's a price hierarchy in everything, including bicycles. A quick Google shows mountain bikes range from about £750 to over £6,000. Is there a 'right' price to pay? In that price range, is the cheapest too cheap, or the most expensive too expensive?

advertisement

Back