advertisement

FAC 501:The Tony Wilson Story Part 1

Cool. I'm playing a bunch of Factory 12" singles at the mo. Off to the True Faith exhibition tomorrow.

They played a clip of Tony uttering these immortal words on Six music this morning - absolute genius.

Cb4fgeWW0AAUWF3.jpg

True Faith exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery is worth a visit. Free entry. The shop however may get you in the pocket!

Yup. Albums as a cynical investment strategy, I won't be opening them (I've got originals).

PS I sat down and watched the whole grainy black and white JD gig footage (40 min). The highlight of the show in many ways.

Sorry for slight thread diversion (I will listen to the OPs link later)...the reissue of Closer is very well done, great attention to artwork and printing detail and it sounds damn good.

Power Corruption and Lies is disappointing though...the roses on the front cover are faded in comparison with the original and the whole coding thing is messed up by back of the sleeve not being cut out! Inner sleeve isn't exactly the same either. Sound-wise not a patch on an original.

Is the Closer cover and inner matt card like the original? I can't tell through the shrinkwrap and I'm not opening mine! I noticed the PC&L wasn't die-cut and thought that was rather lazy given the price tag.

Is the Closer cover and inner matt card like the original? I can't tell through the shrinkwrap and I'm not opening mine! I noticed the PC&L wasn't die-cut and thought that was rather lazy given the price tag.

Yes it is. The only difference is the printing credit isn't Garrod and Lofthouse. It's also very white in comparison to my original!

advertisement

Back