advertisement

Any Love for the Jimi Hendrix Blues album on here ?

I normally listen to BBC 6 Music on a Sunday starting with Cerys .
But its all HipHop related shows this afternoon after her show finished at 13:00 and i can't be doing with that.
So i pulled my (Authorised Hendrix Family Edition) Jimi Hendrix Blues double 180g album out of the rack for its first play in a long time.
51WjEEgbWjL._SX355_.jpg

The CD gets regular play but i had forgotten how good the LPs sound.:cool:

Always been my favourite Hendrix "disc". According to the folks at the Steve Hofmann forum it sounds terrific on vinyl -- have just ordered one...

A great album and interestingly the only Alan Douglas produced one still listed by Experience Hendrix.

A great follow up was 'Voodoo Soup' , which stands head and shoulders in composition and sound balance above the later similar releases by Experience Hendrix.

Is this the one that has Hear my Train Coming acoustic?[/QUOTE

There is a fabulous acoustic version of "hear my train a coming on "the soundtrack to the film Jimi"

I guess it's in the film too!

It has to be the same one IF IT'S the only piece of acoustic he did.

Mike

Its only a repress of an earlier posthumous compilation which had just a few previously unreleased tracks. I have a copy on cassette somewhere, so not an essential for me compared to the originals

The acoustic "Hear My Train..." is from that Jimi" soundtrack album (I love the aside at the end ... "Bet you didn't think I could do that" on that album)

Love it! The rendition of Albert King's Born under a bad sign in this album is out of this world..

advertisement

Back