advertisement

Boys Toys Day II - July 22nd With dCS, Wilson Audio, Absolute Sounds & Lotus!

HiFi Lounge

Trade: HiFi Lounge

Hi All,

Well after the success of our first Boys Toys Day a couple of years ago, in collaboration with PMC Speakers, where we put my 2 passions and many of our customers passions of Cars and HiFi into one day, well it now time for Boys Toys Day II :)

The first BTD was so much fun and I always wanted to do another one but was always a little nervous as that was the perfect day, we had a brilliant turnout, everyone had a great time and the weather was really good to us + the system PMC put together sounded epic, how could we possibly compete with that, well I think we may have just done it as we have something very special lined up for this years event, how does the chance of listening to a £300,000 system sound?

As part of our expansion we recently became dealers for dCS and Wilson Audio and what with dCS only being up the road and recently having just finished their new state of the art demo room it seemed like a match made in heaven and the seeds were sown for Boys Toys Day II who dCS and Absolute Sounds (The UK dCS and Wilson Audio Distributor among other highend brands) were really keen to support, so a big thanks to those guys.

So for those who missed the first event, what does the day entail? basically it is a chance to get your car out for a drive and hear one of the finest audio systems in the world, the idea is that if you have a sports car or any car of interest then please come along to HiFi Lounge from 9am where we will have the BBQ running for breakfast bacon and sausage rolls and will have a mini car meet then around 11am we will head up to dCS in Cambridgeshire for an afternoon listening to a very special HiFi System + factory tour.

dCS Vivaldi System

I will announce more details over the next weeks but this is really a headsup so that you put July 22nd in your calendar and even if you haven’t got an interesting car you are more than welcome to come along, especially if you are interested in hearing the HiFi System that will consist of a full dCS Vivaldi stack, Wilson Alexx Speakers driven by Dan D'Agostino amps and a full Transparent wiring Loom, this really is an amazing opportunity and is a system I really can’t wait to hear myself :)

Lotus Cars are my other passion and will be represented on the day by Lotus Silverstone, my very friendly Lotus dealer :) who will be on hand to chat and answer any questions you may have, I have actually just bought an iconic Lotus from the 80’s that I should be receiving next week so as long as the old Lotus acronym doesn’t come true then I look forward to bringing that on the day.

So all we need now is the weather to be on our side and we will have a great day, the only thing I ask is that if you think you can make it along could you please mail me at [email protected] so know how many people we can expect and the car you will be bringing, if any, and in particular if you want to listen to the HiFi System as the dCS demo room is optimised to give the best audio reproduction but can only fit a few people in at a time so we need a good idea of numbers here so please mail me with the 3 below answers -

1, Are you planning on attending?

2, What car are you brining, if any?

3, Do You Want to Listen to a £300,000 HiFi System?

More details to follow as I have them, please find links below to the everyone who is supporting the event.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/dcs

http://hifilounge.co.uk/wilson-audio

http://www.absolutesounds.com/

http://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/

Please find a few picture below from the last Boys Toys Day + some of the epic HiFi we will be demonstrating.

Collage of cars from the First event.

dCS Vivaldi Stack, The Worlds Best Digital Front End.

Wilson Alexx Speakers, Quite Amazing!

Dan D'Agostino Power Amplification, Beautiful.

Many thanks and looking forward to seeing you on July 22nd.

Paul.

Hi All,

After a 3 year search for a Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo had this little beauty delivered this week, totally restored, looking forward to bringing it along to our event, move over 007 :)

Had a great response to the event so far, looks like we are going to have a great turnout of all Marquees of cars.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Well as it is only a few days away now to our Boys Toys Day II Event I thought I had better write a quick blog with all the latest information, most importantly the weather is looking good, dry and around 70 degrees so perfect really, fingers crossed that doesn’t change.

So Just to recap, this Saturday, July 22nd, we are holding our 2nd HiFi and Car event, this year in collaboration with dCS, Wilson Audio, Absolute Sounds and Lotus Silverstone. Just as 2 years ago we will meet at HiFi Lounge from 9am onwards for a BBQ breakfast of sausage and bacon, my mouth is already watering :) then around 11.30am we will head up to dCS to hear a very special HiFi System. dCS use Wilson Alexx Speakers in their demo room and having just come back from Utah for Wilson Audio Training where they use dCS I really recommend you don’t miss this as I am already trying to figure out how I can afford of Wilson Alexx’s for home, so to sum up if you have a car that is your pride and joy or you want to hear one of the world’s ultimate HiFi’s then please feel free to come along, if you are more interested in the HiFi system then please feel free to meet us at dCS from around Midday, please find a link to more information on the day below -

http://bit.ly/2rq9wPt

Finally Found What I’ve Been Looking For!

For those who didn’t already know, In the spirit of our Boys Toys Day I finally managed to find a car that I have been looking a long time for as basically good examples don’t come up very often, especially in white, but 3 weeks ago I took delivery of this beautiful 1985 Lotus Esprit Turbo, straight out of ‘For Your Eyes Only’ It has been totally restored and is as if it has been transported through time direct from 1985, it really is a stunner.

But, and it is a big but, I took it out for it’s first drive last week and after around 3 miles the clutch failed so at the moment it is in the garage, anyway I am hopeful to have it fixed in time for BTD II but if not then I guess I’ll have to polish the van :-(

New dCS Demo Room

Here is a sneak peak of the new demo room at dCS, as you can see we will only be able to fit a few poeple in at a time but once everyone has had a listen then anyone who would like an extended listen will be able to go back for another session, again I can’t stress enough how good this will be as after a few days of listening to the dCS Vivaldi into Dan D’agostino amps into Wilson Speakers on my trip to Utah last week I am totally sold, definitely not to be missed if you love music.

A Late Addition - Alnwick Gin

So to be fair it probably isn’t the most appropriate match for a car event but through the summer is there really a better drink than a Gin and Tonic? Personally I don’t think you can beat it so at dCS Alnwick Gin will be on hand with samples for taste testing with bottles for sale on the day, just don’t get too carried away otherwise we may have to sleep in dCS’s demo room over night :)

https://www.alnwickgin.co.uk/home

Lotus Silverstone

Matthew from Lotus Silverstone will be on hand to to talk all things Lotus and all being well will be bringing along this stunning Evora 410 Sport, being that we have quite a few Lotus’s coming along I am sure this will be of interest to quite a few.

Parking at HiFi Lounge

I just wanted to say that if you are bringing your Pride and joy to the event then if these cars can be parked in front of HiFi Lounge as last time and in the car park that would be great, obviously you are more than welcome to come along in a normal car but could you please park on the hard standing where the barns are, also I should mention, if you have a low car then instead of turning right towards where the sign says ‘Granary Building’s’ you can go straight on to avoid the cattle grids.

Address’s

Please find the address’s below for HiFi Lounge and dCS Audio -

HiFi Lounge - 9am - 11.30am

4 The Granary Buildings
Millow Hall Farm
Millow
Bedfordshire
SG18 8RH

dCS - (Data Conversion Systems Ltd) Midday till 5.00pm.

Unit 1,
Buckingway Business Park
Anderson Road
Swavesey
Cambridge
CB24 4AE

Btw, if you haven’t registered yet could you just let me know you’ll be attending and what car you’ll be in and if you will also be heading over to dCS to hear the system, Thanks.

[email protected]

Any questions please feel free to get in touch and I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

I went over the dCS yesterday to run through everything ahead of our Boys Toys Day II event this Saturday and to make sure there is plenty of parking, which there really is, so that is great news. I also had a look round, I really think everyone will enjoy the dCS part of the day, firstly there will be a factory tour to see how dCS make their world glass products, then you will be taken into their new demo room, to be fair this is where I spent the most time yesterday, it really is excellent, if I had the money I think this would be the system I would buy :) Here you will hear around 4 tracks that will really show of this system, once everyone has had a listen if anyone wants an extended listen please let us know and we can arrange that.

Outside there will be food on hand and also the Gin tasting, careful here though as we can’t get too carried away with the Gin, although maybe we could sleep in the demo room if it starts flowing too well :)

We will head of to dCS around 11.30am from HiFi Lounge, it is around a 30 minute drive away, but before then we will have the new Naim room running with the Wilson Audio Sabrina’s and in our Highend Room we will be running dCS Rossini into Audio Research Reference Pre/Power then Wilson Audio Yvette’s so almost an appetiser for the main event at dCS, but please make sure you go in for a listen before we head off to dCS, Pedro from Absolute Sounds will be on hand with any questions you may have.

Anyway, more importantly I still haven’t got the Esprit back from the garage, nothing like cutting it fine.

Here are a few teaser shots of dCS’s excellent demo room.

Roll on Saturday :)

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

Both Wendy and myself wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who came along and helped make Boys Toys Day II such a success and a lot of fun, I have to admit I was quite worried during the night before as all I could hear was the rain pounding against the window and I feared a total washout but once the cars started arriving the sun broke through and we were blessed with gorgeous weather for the few hours we were at HiFi Lounge.

We had a fantastic turnout of cars, a great selection of Lotus Cars + Porsche, Aston Martin, Caterham, TVR + many others but the star of the show that definitely the most attention was the McLaren 570S, stunning machine, unfortunately my Esprit didn’t make it, I got it back Friday evening around 5pm and I thought brilliant only to find that although it it now went forward I couldn’t get reverse so decided to not push my luck and decided to leave her at home, hopefully next time.

I’d also like to thank dCS, Absolute Sounds and Lotus Silverstone for supporting this event, I think everyone agrees that the afternoon part of the day at dCS was awesome, all I kept hearing was how amazing the system sounded, I must admit I could have stayed there all night :) Also thanks to Alnwick Gin for coming along and offering tastings, looks like we have a few Gin drinkers amongst our customers as they seemed to be very popular and also thanks to our friends, Ross, Louise, Ady and Damo for running the BBQ breakfast which seemed to go down very well indeed, amazing how quick 130 sausage and 100 rashes of bacon can disappear :)

So thanks again everyone, already talking about BTD III for 2019 so watch this space :)

I must admit I didn’t take many pictures so I have stolen some from a few sources so thanks to Bibs from The Lotus Forums for the drone shots which look awesome, The Speaker Shack and Stephen Crowe, thanks Guys.

Then We headed over to dCS for more fun :)

A really nice picture of our Naim room with the Wilson Sabrina’s running that was taken on Saturday.

Thanks again,
Paul.

advertisement

Back