advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent stuff... I'd suggest you sell all your kit except the X100 and use the money to go to great places and point your X100 at them, as it's giving you your best images!

Lovely stuff, Amar - and ditto what JemH said about the Fuji. Beautiful results! :)

Make that three, Amar

+4

You should give away the rest of your gear, I will take the Nikon stuff, I will even give you the postage!

:D;)

Pete

Hahaha :D

Thanks for the kind words chaps - really appreciated.

There's definitely a lot to be said for just using a small, lightweight camera like the X100T. I also took the D800E with me on our trip, but truth be told I only took it out once. (It was a family holiday and so I didn't want my photography to spoil the experience) I'm hoping the D800E will get to stretch its legs this Autumn as I'm planning a few dedicated photography / walking trips :)

Lefty

Hahaha :D

Thanks for the kind words chaps - really appreciated.

There's definitely a lot to be said for just using a small, lightweight camera like the X100T. I also took the D800E with me on our trip, but truth be told I only took it out once. (It was a family holiday and so I didn't want my photography to spoil the experience) I'm hoping the D800E will get to stretch its legs this Autumn as I'm planning a few dedicated photography / walking trips :)

Lefty

Another +1 from me

Your back and shoulders will prefer walking trips with the X100T, rather than that old boat anchor that you insist in carting about!!!!

I seem to remember that my hiking X100 kit, consisted of X100, WCL-X100, filters, spare batteries and CF travel tripod, and the whole lot weighed about 1.5kg - I'm giving very serious thought to going that route again (but with an X100F!!)

I've been there, done that... I bought my X100 as may 'carry around' camera, and kept my Canon 5 and L lenses for my 'best shots' - but at the end of the year the vast majority of my 'exhibition' images were taken with the X100. I sold all my Canon stuff, and went Fuji, and although I have many lenses and two bodies, most of my images are taken with the X-E2 with the 27mm pancake lens, because that is what is always in my pocket.
Met a friend of a friend at the Bluedot festival at the weekend, she was carrying two big Canons, with big zooms on them, but it was their last trip out as she is waiting for her X-E2s and 35mm f1.4 to arrive...

I've been there, done that... I bought my X100 as may 'carry around' camera, and kept my Canon 5 and L lenses for my 'best shots' - but at the end of the year the vast majority of my 'exhibition' images were taken with the X100. I sold all my Canon stuff, and went Fuji, and although I have many lenses and two bodies, most of my images are taken with the X-E2 with the 27mm pancake lens, because that is what is always in my pocket.

Whilst it took me a while (and several other cameras) to 'get it', I've found the same - I still have an X100S but for the time being just love using the Olympus Pen F with the little Panasonic 20-1.7. Whilst I enjoyed using the D700 (and have always liked the Nikon UI anyway) I've found the Pen a delight. Fast, beautifully made, and like the Fuji it just makes me want to get out and take photos. It also coped remarkably well, doing landscapes, whilst walking in the Lake District recently.

Another +1 from me

Your back and shoulders will prefer walking trips with the X100T, rather than that old boat anchor that you insist in carting about!!!!

I seem to remember that my hiking X100 kit, consisted of X100, WCL-X100, filters, spare batteries and CF travel tripod, and the whole lot weighed about 1.5kg - I'm giving very serious thought to going that route again (but with an X100F!!)

Met a friend of a friend at the Bluedot festival at the weekend, she was carrying two big Canons, with big zooms on them, but it was their last trip out as she is waiting for her X-E2s and 35mm f1.4 to arrive...

Thanks for the feedback and words of advice chaps. One of the other reasons I changed to Nikon was the ability to use the lenses with my Nikon F80 for shooting film. I'm also really enjoying the extra resolution of the D800E. I regularly print my work (upto 13 x 19 inches) and the resolution definitely helps here if I am also cropping. I also love the Nikon lens selection.

I've got all the kit I need for the moment. Just need to get to find some interesting places and good light to make the most of it now!

Lefty

Snowshill village fete; a splendidly restored vintage MG:

35780048926_e5a0775aec_b.jpg

35688322711_3333fdfc94_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back