advertisement

Ruark Templar Templar II

Anyone know the difference between Ruark Templar I and II? If there is indeed any? Or further difference between Templar and Talisman.

The Templar 1 where a fantastic little speaker with an almost electrostatic presentation. They seemed to disappear. The 2 were supposed to improve over the 1 though in my opinion failed having a much narrower soundstage and an almost compressed presentation. The difference between the Templar and the Talisman is night and day. Without sounding clichéd The Talisman sound very much like a grown up Templar being able to put out a little more bass. Hope this is helpful. All fabulous speakers.

The Templar 1 where a fantastic little speaker with an almost electrostatic presentation. They seemed to disappear. The 2 were supposed to improve over the 1 though in my opinion failed having a much narrower soundstage and an almost compressed presentation. The difference between the Templar and the Talisman is night and day. Without sounding clichéd The Talisman sound very much like a grown up Templar being able to put out a little more bass. Hope this is helpful. All fabulous speakers.
Thank you Prog, I own a pair of Templar I's, so I won't bother going for II's then, think I'll try a pair of Talisman when a decent pair emerges, not a million miles away.

I have a pair. I seem to remember that it was recommended to half-fill the cabinets with sand.

I had Talisman 3 and wish I'd never sold them. They were great speakers. You never seem to see them for sale though

There is a sealed cavity in the base of the speaker.

In the case of the Talisman, there is also a heavy steel plate on the base of the plinth, so that, even without ballast, the speaker sits firmly on the floor.

Ruark were good with those sort of details.

advertisement

Back