advertisement

Squeezebox touch double files

neilo7

One day I'll stop upgrading
Just wanting to know how to delete older albums that still appear on both my iPeng and never used squeezebox app. I regularly replace MP3 files with flac files on my Nas but I've noticed with the squeezebox touch the older files are still present on the app. With the older squeezebox you could rescan the library and that sort the problem out but the touch doesn't have this option. I've tried wiping the library on the Logitech server and reindexing my Nas but I still get duplicate or ghost albums on my app when I start it up. Can anyone help me out. I use the iPeng app with a synology Nas.

In the server settings, tell it to "Rescan Library", but don't accept the default scan mode. Instead, tell it to "Clear library and rescan everything".

Is the NAS storing the deleted MP3s in a recycle bin that the SBT is reading?

Not sure. I'm going to plug in the old squeezebox later and rescan the library to see if that works. Then put the touch back in.

With the older squeezebox you could rescan the library and that sort the problem out but the touch doesn't have this option.
Not sure. I'm going to plug in the old squeezebox later and rescan the library to see if that works. Then put the touch back in.
I don't understand the above. Re-scan is a server action - anyway I've always done it via the web interface on the server end. Click 'Settings' at bottom right of home page, then make sure you use the option "Clear library and rescan everything".

You should be able to get to the web UI via "http://<ip_of_server>:9000".

I don't understand the above. Re-scan is a server action - anyway I've always done it via the web interface on the server end. Click 'Settings' at bottom right of home page, then make sure you use the option "Clear library and rescan everything".

You should be able to get to the web UI via "http://<ip_of_server>:9000".

The older squeezebox had a rescan music library option in its menus. I used it when I added new albums to the Nas drive. The squeezebox touch doesn't have this.

It would super,nice,good if you tell "All" how.......just suggesting;):p:)

Ronnie

Sure, It was the Ipeng app that needed refreshed. I didn't think it had the option but it was buried in a few sub-menus. So just the rescan option on that fixed the problem.

advertisement

Back