advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
33802169246_f4b20fa458_b.jpg

33713729331_afb0718b6b_b.jpg

Got my 50-1.4 Art back from Sigma UK today after being professionally calibrated to the D700. I'm well happy.

Emma - the bunny-hops are getting higher...

Bunny hop by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Nikon D700/Sigma 50 1.4 Art

Haha - I like it Richard :D

How are you finding the Sigma 50/1.4 ART after calibration? Is it now spot on? I'm sorely tempted by either an ART 35/1.4 or 50/1.4 but am put off by the reports of focus accuracy problems.

In the meantime, here's one from my new (to me) Tamron 70-200/2.8

Starling by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tamron 70-200mm f2.8

Lefty

Hi Amar - the 50's now spot-on and been turned into the beast it should be. Not a bad turn-around either by Sigma UK; last thursday dropped off at LCE Lincoln and back this morning. Was all done as part of the warranty - my argument being that the lens is designed to be the finest AF 50mm on the market, and mine wasn't quite that (my earler one was flawless so it's obviously a production line QC issue). Although not widely known, Sigma do offer a lens/camera calibration service for their Art series for those who've tried the USB dock and not managed to get fully satisfactory results. If I was buying another Art lens (unlikely) unless is was perfect from the outset, I'd be doing the same again.

Checked the focus calibration with the USB dock which has come up as 0-0-0-0 over the 4 adjustable zones - from this I'm guessing the lens has been re-set so the new valus are what it should be set to from the get-go.

That Tamron 70-200 is looking pretty damn good! :cool:

Thanks for the feedback Richard. Good to hear that yours is now sorted. That's good service from Sigma (although as you say, it should have been perfect out-of-the-box).

The Tamron 70-200/2.8 (and Nikkor 85/1.8 which I received earlier in the week) are both stunners. I've not had much chance to test them (other than 10 min sessions in the garden under failing light), but I can already tell that they are both special. (The shot above is a 1:1 crop at f3.2!)

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back