advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
32951233534_975f3cc8e8_c.jpg

funky flower

Thanks Amar.

Well, it's not really macro compared to your incredible bee take. Wow.

It was windy so I had to take few to get the little fella into focus.

Thank you Drummerman - wind is the enemy of macro photographers! Makes everything much more difficult :(

Lefty

First proper attempt at motorsport this weekend, my son was competing in the Toyota Sprint Series at Blyton.

Not bad at all. Hope you both enjoy the new hobbies!

Next time try slower shutter speeds and move the camera with the movement of the car. Start at, say 1/125th and you might get decent blur of the wheels and background. Then try 1/60th, see how you go. You'll end up with a sensation of speed.

Not bad at all. Hope you both enjoy the new hobbies!

Next time try slower shutter speeds and move the camera with the movement of the car. Start at, say 1/125th and you might get decent blur of the wheels and background. Then try 1/60th, see how you go. You'll end up with a sensation of speed.

Thanks Tony, I had a little play but nothing as slow as 1/60, will give it a go as I like the blurred background. I tried 1/200 and got this.

GT86-2 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

+1, playing with slower shutter speeds and panning is well worth trying to communicate the essence of movement in motorsport.

These all 35mm fixed lense, so subjects close-up and moving fast!:
1/30th or less
DSCF4348_BW_1024px.jpg

DSCF4613_1024px.jpg

1/15th or less
DSCF5639_darracq_1024px.jpg

DSCF5914_1024px.jpg

@ PeteMB&D Beauly is in the detail of your pictures. You seem to find something interesting and worthy of showing everywhere where I have to look hard. I also liked 'Reflections' on the other page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back