advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked past there many times earlier this month and didn't think about that shot. Well done.

What a coincidence! Thank you :)

I'd have liked better light (this was taken in the middle of the day) but I was only there the once so had to take the opportunity when it presented itself.

Lefty

Our laurel hedge is always a great place to spot visiting insects, so here's one of the first bees of the year taking a rest:

First bee by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

OM-D E-M1/Helios 44M/Paragon tube/sooc jpeg

Richard - I remember your laurel hedge (and excellent macro images) from last year! Good to see them back again :)

Here's another still life, square from me:

Three by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro

Lefty

Thanks you, 16 stops of hitech goodness! I was amazed that it flattened out the waves enough to see a reflection of the lighthouse. Perhaps should have tried 19 stops!, but the tide was coming in, and I probably didn't have time for a 32 minute exposure.

Have you upgraded the firmware on your X-T2 yet, some cool new features?

Excellent - I need to get myself the 16 stop filter some day. It will come in very handy for the b&w fine art architectural stuff. I'm also surprised there was such little movement in the clouds given the length of your exposure! Guess it must have been a very still day?

Believe it or not, I haven't got round to updating the X-T2 yet. It is still on the original, fresh out of the factory firmware. I'll do it tomorrow :)

Must admit I'm still struggling with the whole X-T2 vs D800E thing. The 50-140/2.8 is now sold so all I'm left with is the X-T2 itself and the 16-55/2.8 and 35/1.4. (and Nissin i60a). Also, I have just ordered a Tamron 70-200 f2.8 SP DI VS USD and Nikon 85mm f1.8 G. It's only a matter of time before I pluck up the courage to sell the X-T2...

The D800E is a real diva. The mirror slap on it is insane. Couple that with the 36MP resolution and the result is that you need to use very fast shutter speeds if you want sharp results. Also, I'm finding that the colour rendition of the D800E is somewhat less 'appealing' SOOC. The files require more work before they are ready. Having said that, when everything comes together, the results are stunning. Just a learning curve I guess. It took me a good few months before I was getting the best out of the X-T2. The same will be true for the D800E. I will have to suffer the rain to see the rainbow!

Lefty

Decisions, decision....!!

I know what you mean about Nikon 'slap' I was handed a Nikon DSLR +24-70 in a cathedral by a Spanish lady who asked me to take some pictures of her with stained glass window in the background, pressing the shutter , and it sounded like a shotgun had gone off (and in a church!!).It was heavy too!!!!

You can always come back to the Fuji another time, they are boomerang cameras, once the Fuji fairy is under your skin, you'll always return.

Just to say even though the new Fuji extended timer is in whole stops, its still very cool for LE work.

32976431333_16b2aea2e7_b.jpg

Thank you Drummerman - really like the image above. Is that a community notice-board? I'm massively humbled by your photographic ability using a smartphone. I love the idea of limiting myself to a smartphone for a month, but I'd be too scared to commit to it!

Here's another square from the garden this morning :)

Spring by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro

Lefty

Thanking you kindly Amar and likewise, 'Spring' is beautiful. I always admire if folks can see the beauty in simple things. That beautiful golden colour in contrast with the white really stands out.

As to 'Community' yes, its a notice board, double exposed with the hands and super imposed text.

My limiting myself to the phone is not by choice. Had I got your tools at my disposal I probably wouldn't either! :)

I just make do with what I have and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back