advertisement

Technics 1210 Feet

So, who's tried the 1210 feet merry go round? Any difference? I went from stock to Foculpods, no difference, back to stock, seems better??!! Or does it? Hard to tell.
Thing is, if you have a good look at the stock feet, they seem really well made, why bother changing them?

Great deck but the stock feet are a weak link.
I have a pair of 1210 MKII's with Isonoe feet. Subtle but very nice difference for me, especially with the bass. With the SL-1200 I've always felt the bass was loose, sometimes even wild. I have Funk Firm Achromat's on them too which really tightened the bass up.

Great deck but the stock feet are a weak link.
I have a pair of 1210 MKII's with Isonoe feet. Subtle but very nice difference for me, especially with the bass. With the SL-1200 I've always felt the bass was loose, sometimes even wild. I have Funk Firm Achromat's on them too which really tightened the bass up.
I got my 1210 off here, it came with Jelco 750D arm and acromat, so I can't compare to the stock mat. I'm loathe to pay £100 + for some feet, I may try the RDC ones, as they're quite a bit cheaper and just as good I hear. But tbh honest I don't see what's wrong with stock feet. They've got rubber dampers on the screw, and the feet themselves are sprung, and they look great!

I'd imagine that results would vary widely depending on what surface you were placing the deck.

I'd imagine that results would vary widely depending on what surface you were placing the deck.
Currently on a very low spec Ikea shelf, you know the ones, store records beneath, hifi on top. As its a DD, I don't see what difference stands make.

My quest took me to screwed in RDC cones and I found them by far the best.
Bit of a pain as the Isonoes and Techniboots were sold at some loss

I swapped the feet on mine for some black rubber pointed ones. No idea who they're made by or if they made any difference.

SL-1200's love to sit on ceramic or glass tiles, especially with decent isolation systems. I've DJ'ed at many places too where they are sitting on concrete patio or paving slab, and sound better than just plonked on a table.

You have a nice tonearm with the Jelco, which has wonderful synergy with the SL-1200, yes, you need to address the feet.

SL-1200's love to sit on ceramic or glass tiles, especially with decent isolation systems. I've DJ'ed at many places too where they are sitting on concrete patio or paving slab, and sound better than just plonked on a table.

You have a nice tonearm with the Jelco, which has wonderful synergy with the SL-1200, yes, you need to address the feet.
Thanks Cuki. Someone over on AOS swears by an Ikea chopping board.

You're welcome, that's exactly what I thought when I was pointed to them when looking for feet for mine. I have had Isonoe's on too and I didn't think the premium was worth it. Nothing to loose in trying.
Double denim? Only when going to see these

https://youtu.be/bQ2gQ6KVg94

advertisement

Back