advertisement

Brexit: Article 50 to be triggered 29 March

Dare I say it, Brexit means Brexit.

I reckon she's a bigger nightmare than Thatcher in that with Thatcher you knew she what she wanted and that she was going to get it. May snuck in through the side door, initially a Euro-sceptic, then campaigned for remain , then went hard Brexit. What exactly does she believe in?

So Mick, as our resident Tory stooge and propagandist what are you doing to thwart or impede the reckless and almost certainly disastrous path your political party is taking this country on.

That question would be better off aimed at Corbyn, a bloke you raved on not long ago.

He's all for it so I guess that's game over when the 2 main parties both agree on it.

Also it's not really a Tory Brexit is it? More a UKIP forced Brexit.

C7YU5fqXQAEfSeH.jpg:large

Although to be fair that doesn't include out Kimchi deal with South Korea.

Also it's not really a Tory Brexit is it? More a UKIP forced Brexit.

Of course it is Tory-Brexit, that reckless entitled Bullingdon shit Cameron thought he could prevent losing MPs and seats to UKIP and win the general election by taking a massive gamble that he could also win a referendum. He lost and has as a result likely plunged the UK into a very dark place for a very long time. The whole thing was a hopelessly misguided election stunt. This will turn out for the Tory party what Iraq was to Labour, except probably a lot worse as the destruction will be at home and counted in jobs, wages and services, not thousands of miles away. The only bonus is it might eventually keep the Tories out of power for a very long time. The public opinion penny will eventually drop, just as it did with Iraq.

Of course it is Tory-Brexit, that reckless entitled Bullingdon shit Cameron thought he could prevent losing MPs and seats to UKIP and win the general election by taking a massive gamble

That's what I said, UKIP forced it. The "Bullingdon shit" stuff is irrevevant really.

With a proper opposition this situation would never have occurred.

Have to say as a sceptic I haven't read anything positive about Brexit. What puzzles me is that a Tory government got us out of the EU when it took us quite a long time and hard work to gain membership in the first place. Any leave arguments I've heard have all been to do with democracy, but now the excitement clearly seems to have fizzled out from this quarter. May'be if others leave, then the whole lot unravels, not as way out as it may sound. Anyway, I hope its not gonna be the catastrophe some are predicting. May'be a bit of wobble, a readjustment, and back to relative normality, who knows with all the red tape cut, UK business may thrive again!! I think not.

So Mick, as our resident Tory stooge and propagandist what are you doing to thwart or impede the reckless and almost certainly disastrous path your political party is taking this country on.

PS I'm resigned to the hard-Tory Brexit disaster. There is nothing I can do about it, but I will with every fibre of my being ensure the Conservative Party carry the can for it - this shit is yours, you and your party own it outright!

Tony
If you want a list of how we ended up here...

1. Labour over spent in the noughties leaving this country with a **** off deficit to close.
2. Nobody wants to pay for said deficit. Everyone thinks every other person should pay for it.
3. The moment anyone tries to take action to close the deficit they scream and shout like the latest NICs debacle.
4. As nobody wants to pay for deficit the government has to cut costs reducing services and investment leaving country in disrepair and struggling.
5. At the same time the country has significant population growth with uncontrolled migration. Services can't cope, there is not enough investment etc. That element can be traced back cross party as whilst labour can be blamed neither the coalition nor Tories did any better.
6. The racist slur was used and is used too much by the liberal left which alienated a lot of right and central voters.
7. The EU and Cameron failed to acknowledge this coming in 2015 when Cameron tried to negotiate with EU. A few more concessions probably wouldn't have resulted in brexit.
8. Corbyn as leader of labour failed to support remain at the time of voting in any meaningful way.
9. The remain campaign was too antagonistic.

So for me there are a lot of reasons why we are in brexit. I suspect I will be told a lot more. It is not a Tory but cross party issue - a 1/3rd of SNP voted brexit, over a 1/3rd of labour, more than half of Tory (some of which were previously labour supporters). The sooner we face up to it the better.

For record (again!) I voted lib dem and I voted remain but I also cannot stand the narrow minded petty bullying that takes place on here just because someone voted Tory. So what! Just because you voted lib dem and labour that makes you a ****ing saint???

March 29, 2017- Theresa May's Black Wednesday. Davis will lead the negotiations, making Lamont's Wednesday look like small change.

The whole thing was a hopelessly misguided election stunt. This will turn out for the Tory party what Iraq was to Labour, except probably a lot worse as the destruction will be at home and counted in jobs, wages and services, not thousands of miles away. The only bonus is it might eventually keep the Tories out of power for a very long time. The public opinion penny will eventually drop, just as it did with Iraq.

Exactly. However the Tories will win the next general election. The end of the initial Brexit process will occur just before it. The BBC and newspapers are consistently reporting that Corbyn and Labour are inept and have nothing to offer.

Come 2025 though the Tories will be kicked out for a very long time. By then we will have lived five years outside the EU. An educated guess it the economy will tank during this period. The citizens of whatever is left of the UK will be badly effected.

Jack

Exactly. However the Tories will win the next general election. The end of the initial Brexit process will occur just before it. The BBC and newspapers are consistently reporting that Corbyn and Labour are inept and have nothing to offer.

Come 2025 though the Tories will be kicked out for a very long time. By then we will have lived through five years of being outside of the EU.

Jack

The Tory papers are going to need lots of side shows to distract from May's shitshow which opens for a two year run next week.

https://heatst.com/world/theresa-ma...-and-illiberal-says-ex-home-office-colleague/

What could possibly go wrong? Authoritarian, not so concerned with human rights, desperate to reduce immigration and in charge of Brexit.

Sounds like May drives a hard bargain:

At Christmas 2013, she invited her ministerial team out to lunch, which was an unusually human thing for her to do. Several days later, we each received a bill for around £58.

The Brexit negotiations are in safe hands.

Items will include-

President Trump has plans ready for our rescue.
Jeremy Corbyn is taking orders from Hamas
Nicola Sturgeon wants to break up the UK
EU has plans in place to make us suffer
Switzerland ready to give us back our missing Toblerone sections
Fat people told to stop using the NHS

advertisement

Back