advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 KT150s in all. LOL.

y3mXzF0NtqmQizZfuLgGS61kYwGEKy9BaTV5w-KZ--u9m7GW6vnRLHp7AHdljPYA1AZasZi7UogMpKWVqF2V57FGllfto7PTh08KIRFiIyq9zXJyIgMz_MbC2-GYif3xlY6QM3el01UJuyclyWzV-GvU1tSn7c7sXuNPi9qqPtEzYc

These must be a nightmare to clean and keep the dust off :)

No they were dead easy as the black surface didn't let dust stick to it and it slipped of the chrome too with an e-cloth.

The 211 amps next to them are a nightmare as they run far hotter and the dust bakes onto the stainless steel.

KT150s were on loan for 3 months. Now gone to a shop to sell on.

This is equipment rackery done in an hour and for zero cost as I already had the nest of tables. Two small towers of Quadraspire were coming in at £600 or so for the bottom of the range stuff so I figured nah! Nod to tweaking came in the form of soft rubber feet under each table to provide isolation from the suspended wooden floor.

32907439990_36b02f6b37_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

This is equipment rackery done in an hour and for zero cost as I already had the nest of tables. Two small towers of Quadraspire were coming in at £600 or so for the bottom of the range stuff so I figured nah! Nod to tweaking came in the form of soft rubber feet under each table to provide isolation from the suspended wooden floor.

32907439990_36b02f6b37_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Your anti-rackery is to be applauded. The prices are insane.

Nice system - 102, HC, 140?

Your anti-rackery is to be applauded. The prices are insane.

Nice system - 102, HC, 140?

Thanks Tim. Some good examples of anti-rackery upthread inspired me to 'just do it' .... though I went for the minimalist approach.

System; Karik Numerik -- 102 HC 110 -- Gale 401s

Out of shot; LP12 -- naim phono -- HC

Mr Tibbs

I like the guitars on the wall.

That be a bass. Not a guitar...

Hanging them on the wall isn't just for decorative purposes IME. The feeling of a valuable or emotionally significant bass being knocked over is almost as bad as that of a stylus becoming unfortunately shagged.

<moderating>

I've deleted some noise. With regards to quoting posts containing images I would gently advise that when quoting posts to make a comment folk remove the embedded image link as it does make life easier for those on low-bandwidth connections, mobile phones etc, but I will not enforce or moderate this point. It is just a politite request and I realise many users are not vB code-literate so may struggle to edit a quote neatly/correctly. It is to my mind not a huge issue.

Not much change. Went active and most recently added a Teddy Supercap to the Snaxo, otherwise its the same Teddy PR1/ST60 system.

Listening%20Room%20Mar%202017.jpg

Seat%20view.jpg

^^ Nice setup there echann

Looking good Mr Tibbs - like the Quad tuner and the new racking :cool:

Thanks James. That lovely old FM2 gets used a lot these days. The 'rack' was intended just to get the stuff off the floor and look a bit tidier. I wasn't expecting an improvement in SQ but it's hard to ignore the positive effect its had on the music. Maybe I should be looking at investing in a 'proper' rack after all ;)

Mr Tibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back