advertisement

Prima Luna Dialogue Premium amplifier

Tarzan

pfm Member
Evening all, interested in the EL34 version of this integrated amplifier, any members own or heard this amp, l am led to believe they very reliable, powerful and very musical with impressive bass......forum it is over to you.:)

Thanks for any help.

I had a Prologue Two for a good few years and liked it a lot. I ran the Prologue with EL34s rather than the supplied KT88s as I seem to prefer them as a tube. The Prima Luna responded very well to tube-rolling too, I ended up with some nice tubes in mine.

Have a prologue and use EL34's also but they have autobias and will take KT88.s 90's and 120's +6650's. Great amp for the money. Quality is not at Jadis level but excellent amp and well worth getting

I have a Dialogue. I am not sure how old it is, it was owned by several forum members before me I think.

It's built like a tank as is the supplied remote control.

I have used it with both EL34s and KT88s into Tannoy Berkleys which works really well. I prefer it with EL34, the KT88s give a more muscular sound.

The previous owner didn't think the amp was as good on more complex classical music. My tastes are more jazz, rock and pop but I noticed it a bit. I swapped the small rectifier tubes for some good Mullards and for me it resolved this issue.

Overall I think it's a great amp and testament to that is that my Naim 252 and Olive 250 lie idle!

Had the demo yesterday- very,very nice amps heard the Dialogue HP and Prologue Premium, and am in the process of a home loan with PRologue Premium ( Dialogue HP extra power not required as it turns out) the Dialogue Premium was unavailable to listen to yesterday, so have to decide between the Prologue and Dialogue there is a believe a bit of a price hike between the two amplifiers, l have been advised that the Dialogue has a bit more grip and control, can anybody chime in?:)

Had the demo yesterday- very,very nice amps heard the Dialogue HP and Prologue Premium, and am in the process of a home loan with PRologue Premium ( Dialogue HP extra power not required as it turns out) the Dialogue Premium was unavailable to listen to yesterday, so have to decide between the Prologue and Dialogue there is a believe a bit of a price hike between the two amplifiers, l have been advised that the Dialogue has a bit more grip and control, can anybody chime in?:)

interesting thread for me - i was considering the Prima Luna as well. The Prolog Premium falls in my budget and not the Dialog HP.

I am also looking at the Trafomatic Experience Elegance Integrated amp.

Do update this thread with your listening experience of the Prolog premium integrated

regards

Had the Prologue Premium at home for a week, sounded lovely at the demo, however in my listening room, it did not do enough for me to warrant a purchase:(, quite laid back (EL34 trait?), sounded good though and the finish and build quality was really something, bummer but l will stick with the amps l have at the moment.

Thanks to all those who replied.:)

Have you considered an audio research integrated amp?

Not sure what your budget is, but the latest VSi75 using KT150 tubes is supposed to be fantastic. Maybe you could pick one up an ex demo or second hand.

advertisement

Back