advertisement

WitchhatAudio HatPin Cable

Another happy camper.
Just took delivery of the cable to go between 272 and nap 250 dr.
Far greater clarity especially in the treble and detail. Have some Elvis dsd tracks - music loving but zero interest in hifi wife said "he sounds more real, more in the room".
Is there a cable to go between my TP power supply and 272?
Cheers
Paul

Nicetone,
I am not sure if spending very much less than the 120UKP will be considered an upgrade. The Flashback cables are not as good as the standard Naim Snaics (but they are much much less spendy), and the Naim Snaics are merely OK, and a bit underwhelming for their price. I know TP makes a line of Snaics, and that may be worth trying out. But I myself would look at the Witch Hat and Chord line before looking anywhere else. I'm sure there may be a few other options, but there is no guarantee that they are better than the standard Naim ones.

AV Options supply their Snaics fully cryo treated, which ARE better than the standard Naim ones-and at the same price too. But in the US, thats over $300 per. The one person who has compared a cryo Naim Snaic vs the Witch Hat has preferred the latter.

Another happy camper.
Just took delivery of the cable to go between 272 and nap 250 dr.
Far greater clarity especially in the treble and detail. Have some Elvis dsd tracks - music loving but zero interest in hifi wife said "he sounds more real, more in the room".
Is there a cable to go between my TP power supply and 272?
Cheers
Paul

We do a power only Burndy for XPS/equivalent power supplies, the HatPin11 but it doesn't carry a signal like the supercap version.

We do a power only Burndy for XPS/equivalent power supplies, the HatPin11 but it doesn't carry a signal like the supercap version.

Please clarify- is it worth using Witch Hat snaic over standard Naim snaic between 52 and supercap. If so, is it standard snaic or power only snaic.
David
I have already purchased your burndy for my 52 /super and power only snaic for my 01/PS

Ron - thanks for the thoughts.

I had been thinking that it was the omission of the superfluous audio runs for the SNAIC power only connections that would be key to any (possible) improvement. However, if it's down to perceived differences between cables, then I may give this a miss. I'll maybe mull it over a bit more, but I was looking to do this very much as a punt. I know that one can return cables if not satisfied, but I don't like to do that to the guys who supply them. Cheers anyway.

Nicetone....the omission of the superfluous runs within a 'power-only' Snaic will significantly change its self inductance properties and give fewer 'antenna elements' to pick up radiated noise from the environment. It is no secret that the 'mono' runs of 250-type DIN4-XLR sound better than the stereo equivalent, although the actual wires within are identical. There's just fewer of them packed together. Early 135s came with interconnects that allowed stereo runs, but used just one channel. The later mono-only interconnects were rather better. Less can be more.

OK, so wishing to dip my toe in... but where to start? System is fully olive (bayonet plugs all round).

1. CDX+XPS -> NAC
2. NAC -> HC
3. HC -> SC
4. SC -> SNAXO hmmm, we'll give this one a miss for the mo', it's a Burndy
5. SNAXO -> 250 times two

Thoughts anyone on where to start to get the "biggest bang per buck"?

I compared the cryo Naim wires against WH cables - there's really no contest. I was quite surprised actually. The WH are so much more open and less restrictive. These are the best bang for the buck cables IMHO. I was rather disappointed in the Flashback cable that I heard.

Chris, I suggest all are worthwhile if WH can make them for you - just ask what they have and what can be custom-ordered. For me, the 4 pin snaic from supercap to the amp (200 in my case) was the biggest improvement.

I have power-only WH 5 pin snaic between the 252/super and 01/PS. I also have a WH burndy between the 252/super and a WH 4 pin snaic from super to 200. I'm now ordering XPS burndy as well plus a custom Y for an upcoming upgrade :)

As Ron mentioned, I also think a power-only snaic is the way to go. KISS ya know!

Arun

WH did a great job repairing and servicing my old Naim CD2 player some months ago. Thanks for that, guys!
I was not aware that they also do the cable stuff. On their new website I saw that they also have so called S3 phono cable 'created to connect your source devices to your Naim preamp' (5 Pin DIN/2 Phono RCA plugs). Interesting! If I get this right this one should also work between my Naim CD player and my Densen amp? I suppose this is a normal (of course high quality) cable, that has nothing to do with the Naim related hatpin/signal power separation stuff mentioned in this thread?

WH did a great job repairing and servicing my old Naim CD2 player some months ago. Thanks for that, guys!
I was not aware that they also do the cable stuff. On their new website I saw that they also have so called S3 phono cable 'created to connect your source devices to your Naim preamp' (5 Pin DIN/2 Phono RCA plugs). Interesting! If I get this right this one should also work between my Naim CD player and my Densen amp? I suppose this is a normal (of course high quality) cable, that has nothing to do with the Naim related hatpin/signal power separation stuff mentioned in this thread?

Yes, the source cable has nothing to do with the power leads we make. It uses a completely different cable made to our own spec (and very detailed and revealing if I do say so myself). 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Yes, the source cable has nothing to do with the power leads we make. It uses a completely different cable made to our own spec (and very detailed and revealing if I do say so myself). 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Thanks Mark, got it. I will order one of these to connect a CD2 to a Densen amp.

Would it make sense to use a hatpin cable between an Heed phono pre and its Q PSU? They come with a cable that uses 4 pin female plugs on both ends, which you do not seem to offer.

Would it make sense to use a hatpin cable between an Heed phono pre and its Q PSU? They come with a cable that uses 4 pin female plugs on both ends, which you do not seem to offer.

As a bunch of ex-Naim people we concentrate on their kit only, sorry.

advertisement

Back