advertisement

Pre Raspberry Pi delivery question please.

In LMS at the top right. The dropdown has 2 things in it. 1) Choose player, 2) your player has not been found.

Hi Ian

A few questions and comments:
1. when you set up IQaudIO DAC did you use the piCorePlayers web-browser?
2. You use F6 to PiDAC - for me it is IQaudIODAC is that different for you?
3. Don't move arrow to playback. Use PCM instead and then arrow up down to adjust.
4. Next press escape to go to command prompt
5. Then save the changes to alsas config file by: sudo alsactl store
6. Save this file in piCore in order for it to survive a reboot: sudo filetool.sh -b

In order for piCorePlayer to use this alsa config file after a reboot, you must enable "use custom alsa settings" on the "tweak page" in piCorePlayers web-page

Next reboot - and hopefully it is working for you.

Steen

I have to go out for a bit now Kenny.

if you do the above that should get you going, but I don't think you have the MDac properly configured on th Squeezelite settings page.

I'll pick up with you later.

Ronnie

In LMS at the top right. The dropdown has 2 things in it. 1) Choose player, 2) your player has not been found.

kennyh, check squeezelite is running in piCorePlayer settings.

btw, if swapping between IQaudIO and USB outputs, then it is possible to leave the Audio Output as IQaudIO, and switch Output Setting between IQaudIO and MDAC in the piCore Squeezelite settings page. This saves having to reboot the player to switch.

I have been searching (a bit like Rabbit) for the thread about two squeezelite instances on one picoreplayer but can't find it.

You need to add a User command in the tweaks page

/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n "Lounge_d2" -o sysdefault:CARD=hiFace -a 80:4::: -m b8:27:eb:07:7f:a9 -s 192.168.178.134

The important thing here is to specify a new unique MAC to this player.
The -s option binds my second instance of squeezelite to my Roon server.

Ronnie, many thanks for that, I'll be giving that a go now. Waiting in for a UPS delivery anyway so nothing else spoiling. Thanks again.

kennyh, check squeezelite is running in piCorePlayer settings.

btw, if swapping between IQaudIO and USB outputs, then it is possible to leave the Audio Output as IQaudIO, and switch Output Setting between IQaudIO and MDAC in the piCore Squeezelite settings page. This saves having to reboot the player to switch.

Great advice, appreciated. Squeezlite seems to be running, at least it says it is. re Switching between IQ and MDAC in the ipcore/SL page, MDAC does not appear there, I select USB instead.

However MDAC appears in the Alsamixer settings as an option.

Chops54 may be right, maybe I should get back to the CD player:rolleyes:

Thanks lads for the help.

Just as an aside. I don't know if it has any bearing on the problems I'm having, but often when I'm in ipcoreplayer and I press for instance squeezelite settings, wifi settings, LMS etc, the screen goes white and says "cannot connect". A few minutes later it'll be fine.

I'm wondering if something is corrupted? Or maybe my new "home plugs" have a fault. they seem ok though.

You need to add a User command in the tweaks page

/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n "Lounge_d2" -o sysdefault:CARD=hiFace -a 80:4::: -m b8:27:eb:07:7f:a9 -s 192.168.178.134

The important thing here is to specify a new unique MAC to this player.
The -s option binds my second instance of squeezelite to my Roon server.

Thanks for that, I had seen that line, but thought there was more to do.

I'll give it a go later, when I have some spare time.

ronnie

Well I've made a weapons grade bollocks up with this, nothing is working now.

Deleted LMS as a last resort and even that is giving me grief now trying to log in....totally stuffed.

What is the score now lads? Write a new card? as I bet I've a heap of old crap on this one festering away, or is it still saveable with this one.

Next time this little bugger plays the slightest scrap of music I'll be leaving well alone :D

Do you have a helpline number Ronnie :D

Well I've made a weapons grade bollocks up with this, nothing is working now.

Deleted LMS as a last resort and even that is giving me grief now trying to log in....totally stuffed.

What is the score now lads? Write a new card? as I bet I've a heap of old crap on this one festering away, or is it still saveable with this one.

Next time this little bugger plays the slightest scrap of music I'll be leaving well alone :D

Do you have a helpline number Ronnie :D

if you burn a new image, first give the card a quick format with

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

run as administrator and click on Option, and set Format size adjustment to "on"

Can't help too much at the mo, I'm a bit busy, sorry.

Guys, flashed a fresh card this morning. That seems to have stopped the white screen saying "can't connect to site" every time I click a tab in Ipcore, and also it has stopped LMS and Squeezelite crashing all the time.

Final thing now and I flooked it last time is how to get Tidal to show in the "my apps" section of LMS home. I've selected it on the apps page, entered details etc and it shows on my apps. Yet when I'm on the home page it is not there.

Tried everything to no avail.

Cheers

Make sure you go onto the LMS settings and put in your MySqueezebox.com username and password and then click apply at the bottom left. Then go to the Advanced tab. Find Tidal. Click on it. Put in your username and password and apply and you should be right. Choose flac if you have their cd quality subscription. Your doing very well and others are providing excellent help.

Did you do this?

Also a LMS restart or picoreplayer reboot sometimes helps

Final thing now and I flooked it last time is how to get Tidal to show in the "my apps" section of LMS home. I've selected it on the apps page, entered details etc and it shows on my apps. Yet when I'm on the home page it is not there.

Tried everything to no avail.

Cheers

MySqueezebox.com>My Apps>Tidal>Player Settings>Status>Home

Uselesstechnophobe indeed :p what you like?

Struggling Ronnie to be honest..........It's hovering over the pedal bin at the moment by its Power chord :D

Logged in to LMS, even changed passwords to make sure all was ok. Installed Tidal app (a million f***ng times) and entered email address for Tidal and password. My apps say I have installed yet it just wont show on the Tidal home page under my apps.

Cheers mate!

Have you tried just pulling the plug and then re-powering?

Tried everything now Ronnie honestly. The bloody app button has vanished from the home page of LMS now too. I just about concede defeat with this experiment.

Thanks again, as always appreciate the help.

Gave it one last try Ronnie, entered passwords and everything just like before and bingo, it's working again.

Now I think I made a mess of things last time trying to get the MDAC to work with the RPI, which I actually did.

I'm set up back to square one now with RPI/IQ dac+ working perfectly.

Can I get the MDAC running side by side the IQaudio dac without hassles do you reckon?

Some blokes talk about using a digi card for connecting to a remote dac.
Is this where I went wrong, I was just using the USBs on the RPI's motherboard.

Thanks.

Gave it one last try Ronnie, entered passwords and everything just like before and bingo, it's working again.

Now I think I made a mess of things last time trying to get the MDAC to work with the RPI, which I actually did.

Can I get the MDAC running side by side the IQaudio dac without hassles do you reckon?

Some blokes talk about using a digi card for connecting to a remote dac.
Is this where I went wrong, I was just using the USBs on the RPI's motherboard.

Thanks.

I was a little worried there Kenny. Glad you got it going again though.

Cheers Del. What does a digi board do mate? Do I need one in reality to hook up to the MDAC or can I just usb the MDAC in to the rpi motherboard?

Take a copy of the SD card on your PC in this configuration. This is your backup.

You can then reflash this if you run into further problems, without having to go right back to a clean installation

Cheers Del. What does a digi board do mate? Do I need one in reality to hook up to the MDAC or can I just usb the MDAC in to the rpi motherboard?

you can use either to connect to the MDac, suggest you look for instructions on how to connect the dac, there are a few threads on here on what to do.

Take a copy of the SD card on your PC in this configuration. This is your backup.

You can then reflash this if you run into further problems, without having to go right back to a clean installation

Really good advice this;

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239331

it is possible to run the two together, if you can waita few days I'll try a setup and do a tutorial for you (unless anyone else comes along and shows you how)

I would concentrate on getting the dac to work properly via the usb.

I have an mydac here now and can do a few screen shots tomorrow with a bit of luck. (Again there must be folk reading this who have done it already, I think the MDAC is a bit particular in the usb side of life :eek: ).

ronnie

I have a digi board you can borrow if you want.

Read here, from post#213 and down

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131922&page=15

advertisement

Back