advertisement

Pre Raspberry Pi delivery question please.

I really only want to see a bitrate when Tidal plays, does this putty programme show up in ICore or do I need to be in Putty to see a bit rate.

I think I've done enough for today.......I can see me bolloxing everything up and sulking for the rest of the weekend :D

I really only want to see a bitrate when Tidal plays, does this putty programme show up in ICore or do I need to be in Putty to see a bit rate.

I think I've done enough for today.......I can see me bolloxing everything up and sulking for the rest of the weekend :D

That screen is for setting the output volume and filters on the dac ( I think you have done that already in the picore web gui).

If you type the command I sent earlier that will show the bit rate (which, again, you have seen in the picore web gui)

If you playback a different rate file then the information will change

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37480-Analog-Dinosaur-succumbs-to-the-joys-of-FBA-enter-Raspberry-Pi-2-IQ-Audio-DAC-!!&p=656215#post656215

Time for the rugby

Thanks Ronnie, enjoy the rugby;)

I think I'll stop worrying about putty now, it is probably more for advanced users and for only 2 days in the pi is performing superbly, streaming Tidal in FLAC and easy to control. Also I've managed to select the filter I think sounds best, sorted the volume and even enabled the graphic equaliser!!

One final question for today and back to basics really. The laptop I use to control Ipcore/LSM has a few flac rips on its hard drive via a dabble I had with media jukebox some years ago.

Is there a way of accessing them from LMS please? Thought I'd sorted it but haven't.

Many thanks once more
Cheers

Simple way is to pop them on a usb stick and attach the stick to the pi.

Go to the LMS in picore and scroll down to attach usb sticks (sort off).

pCP does samba now I think but I have never done this and I think that every time you switch off the laptop, you may have to scan again to access the files.

I use a 64gb stick and also I have a single drive NAS, I have also attatched a 1tb usb hard disk without problems.

Bottle of banks's and telly :p

So, Raspberry PI and IQaudio dac running superbly with ipcore and LMS.

If I now wanted to put the MDAC in the loop do I have to remove the on board PI dac? or can I just USB the MDAC straight to the PI and switch DACS in the menu.

It sounds like it should be simple but something's telling me it won't be :D

Thanks guys.

I thought your Raspberry PI sounded pretty good yesterday Kenny. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist messing with it today. I could sense the cogs turning;)

I thought your Raspberry PI sounded pretty good yesterday Kenny. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist messing with it today. I could sense the cogs turning;)

Haha, thanks mate and great to see you again yesterday.

Just had a quick play now, switched IQAUDIO to USB in squeezelite settings and rebooted. Had MDAC hooked up to RPI via USB, got no sound whatsoever.

Thought I'd stop messing about with it then in case I balls'd things up so switched it back to IQAUDIO. :)

Cheers Ronnie, I'm going to have a play at this tomorrow.

All the best!

Kenny, don't try to follow the instructions on the link I provided, that was for info only. It won't work on picoreplayer.

I have been searching (a bit like Rabbit) for the thread about two squeezelite instances on one picoreplayer but can't find it.

I did find this, which seems relatively easy

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106885-piCorePlayer-3-1-can-you-send-the-audio-output-to-HDMI-and-analog&highlight=two+instances+of+squeezelite+on+picoreplayer

the post #7 by roland is the one.

Look in the M-dac threads for stuff about the usb input and remember that as well as selecting (and saving) usb on the Squeezelite page, you may need to check and change the output device setting if you have no sound.

Also go to the settings page in LMS>Player>Audio>and set the volume to 100%.

Haha, thanks mate and great to see you again yesterday.

Just had a quick play now, switched IQAUDIO to USB in squeezelite settings and rebooted. Had MDAC hooked up to RPI via USB, got no sound whatsoever.

Thought I'd stop messing about with it then in case I balls'd things up so switched it back to IQAUDIO. :)

Was the dac connected and switched on before the reboot?

Thanks Ronnie, RPI now streaming to MDAC and sounding great. I had to go into the PUTTY programme to change it via the F6 key. Was pleased and surprised the Audiolab MDAC actually showed up.

Weird thing now is it sounds both different to the RPI/Iquadio but more surprisingly also to the MDAC/laptop USB.

Thanks again for that.

After getting MDAC to work yesterday with PI, just switched the system on and now can't stream, or even connect to Tidal in LMS.

I've obviously pressed something I shouldn't have, any ideas guys please? Been messing with it, uninstalling and reinstalling Tidal for the last half hour but zilch.

Cheers again.

IMG_0353_zpsabkyagdr.jpg

I have USB selected Ronnie in squeezelite settings, Also actrivated MDAC in he putty programme.

Where is the LMS gui pull down? in LMS where Tidal is?

Thanks again mate.

I told you it was easier to bung another cd in :D

:D

Ronnie, just gone back in to alsamixer, card had switched to the one you see in the left window. Entered MDAC again then went back to check and it had reverted to this other card again which I don't know what it is. Could this be my issue, how do I save those settings.

Thanks for your help once more.

IMG_0355_zpssuzwq11r.jpg

advertisement

Back