advertisement

New Naim Powerline Lite

Bit of a storm in a tea cup. 95 quid is nowt given our chosen hobby. Hi-Fi is an expansive game. More so for decent kit. Get over it. If you can try before you buy then great. For the price it's hardly worth going down the shops for. What other upgrade costs less than a ton?
Dave

Aha but the only reason your paying £95 for this cable is it's by Naim, not because it's any good or worth the money.

What's your point?

To find out if you have made serious effort to verify the differences you hear.

Just to be clear, I am not saying you need to. There is nothing wrong with not being interested in verifying what you hear - but it helps me personally decide if I should spend time trying to figure out if the cables make a real, physical difference or not in your system.

To find out if you have made serious effort to verify the differences you hear.

Just to be clear, I am not saying you need to. There is nothing wrong with not being interested in verifying what you hear - but it helps me personally decide if I should spend time trying to figure out if the cables make a real, physical difference or not in your system.

Fair enough, I personally don't have that level of time.

First time for a while I've read a thread from start to here superb keep it going guys
Julf you are different class

Uh, thanks... I was actually thinking "oh well, but this is the Internet, this is not how it should go - we should keep hurling abuse at each other until either someone invokes Godwin's Law or a moderator steps in" :)

I thought I had stepped in by posting a picture of my cat.

Perhaps my moderation is too subtle — or, perhaps, i iz not smart like my cat, who iz smart.

Joe

Julf,

Just trying to save some wear and tear on the ol' pfm server by stopping another subjectivist-objectivist debate. Every time one pops up I wonder, is this THE ONE — the objectivist-subjectivist debate that finally resolves the issue once and for all?

Then I think, perhaps we should let it run so the issue is resolved and we can move on to other things. Then I remember something a former boss told me: Joe, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass a hoppin', but they don't so they do.

Maybe I stepped in to soon, as this could have been the thread that grew wings so to speak. But I'm guessing it probably wouldn't have. It likely would have bumped its ass a-hoppin' just like all other similar threads.

Joe

Just trying to save some wear and tear on the ol' pfm server by stopping another subjectivist-objectivist debate. Every time one pops up I wonder, is this THE ONE — the objectivist-subjectivist debate that finally resolves the issue once and for all?

Of course that will never happen - the reason is clear for anyone who watched the debate between Bill Nye ("The Science Guy" at NPR) and noted creationist Ken Ham at the point when they were asked "what would it take for you to change your mind?".

In this case it really wasn't my intention to start yet another objectivist-subjectivist debate, but simply ascertain, for those of us who care, the nature of the evidence in this particular case.

Just like Godwin's Law can be misused, I feel that we shouldn't immediately jump to moderation as soon as someone mentions something that could be taken as objectivist (seems subjectivist positions never cause moderation action - but as soon as someone objects to them, the sceptre of moderation descends).

advertisement

Back