advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

I have a pair at home and they are spectacular. I've already sold my LS-50's which they replaced.

Damn I want a pair now. They would probably suit my set-up better than the KEF LS50s as I tend to have the speakers on a sideboard close to the back wall. I can tell the right speaker has slightly more bass bloom than the left because it's in a corner. Despite the less-than-ideal set-up the LS50s still sound excellent.

I do have speaker stands but it's a bit of a faff with the speaker cables setting them up.

I have a pair at home and they are spectacular. I've already sold my LS-50's which they replaced.

Do you still have the Harbeth P3ESR with you? If yes, how does the Proac Tablette 10 compare to the P3ESR?

I have always been fascinated by the detail and imaging prowess of the Proac mini-monitors, areas where the Harbeth may be lacking. Nevertheless, when it comes to an overall natural, balanced and coherent sound, the Harbeth seems to nail it most of the time.

I wonder if the Celef LS3/5A-alike mentioned on page one of the thread are in effect the same drivers and crossovers but in a traditional screwed BBC thin-wall box? Another pair has just appeared on eBay (link). It would be very interesting to see how they compared.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've had LS-50's for many years and really like them. I like the new Proac's quite a bit more. They are smoother, more detailed and more open. The work better closer to a wall which is a real convenience for me. They blend better with a subwoofer as well.

I haven't done a direct compare to the P3ESR (which I have in my office) but I'm pretty sure the Proac's would win that fight, too. They are really spectacular little speakers.

I've had LS-50's for many years and really like them. I like the new Proac's quite a bit more. They are smoother, more detailed and more open. The work better closer to a wall which is a real convenience for me. They blend better with a subwoofer as well.

I haven't done a direct compare to the P3ESR (which I have in my office) but I'm pretty sure the Proac's would win that fight, too. They are really spectacular little speakers.

Yours is the third comment that I have seen expressing a preference for the Tablette 10s over the LS50s.

I wonder if I could do some sort of exchange with the dealer I bought the LS50s from?

Hmm, interest suitably piqued. My next speaker foray was going to be a DIY kit pair of Falcons, not sure now.

Oh, no. I really, really need a pair of those in the ebony finish.

The ludicrously heavy Target stands are in storage, just waiting to be re-acquainted with speakers like these.

Now, I don't have a room or any electronics to go with them, but those are just minor details. I definitely need a pair of these. The Proac Tablette 2000 Signatures might also have to come out of storage to provide an objective benchmark.

FT

I wonder how does the costlier Proac Tablette Anniversary and Response DB1 compare with the Tablette 10. Will the cheaper 10 sound better than its costlier brethren?

It sounds like you may have a winner in the Tablette 10 to be able to outshine the P3ESR.

I'd highly recommend listening to the Studio 118s too, yes they're (front) ported, but don't seam to be fussy about placement in the slightest.

Jodet - May I ask what amp and front-end you are using wit the Tab 10s ?

Jodet - May I ask what amp and front-end you are using wit the Tab 10s ?

I've used them in my office system driven by a Hegel H80. And my home theater, Cambridge CXR200. Source is their blu-ray. Also a Bluesound Node 2 streamer.

Haven't tried them upstairs in the main system yet. SL-1200G with a 2m bronze into a ARC LP1, PS Audio Signature pre and Benchmark amp.

Bah. It looks like Audio T won't be stocking the Proac Tablette 10s so there goes my idea of a part-exchange with the KEFs. A shame as I would have liked to have used them again.

I'll have to keep saving.

Bah. It looks like Audio T won't be stocking the Proac Tablette 10s so there goes my idea of a part-exchange with the KEFs. A shame as I would have liked to have used them again.

They are on their Website l thought?

As they are a Proac dealer surely they could order you a pair in even if they don't usually stock them? Might be worth asking.

advertisement

Back