advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're too kind James. My system's the same but the room has changed. Everything just plonked on the floor while I took some time to see if the Gales would work in the room. They do! (some new furniture and redecoration to follow).

For now;

31068879884_334736032c_c.jpg

Plus this,

31024859880_7e326583c4_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Wow! The speakers look cool.:D

I stay with my cousin in Woodside every year and love travelling over the bridges. [I travelled from the lower east side to Coney Island last year. It was bloody freezing./B]
Thanks! It's the Williamsburg Bridge -- connecting Brooklyn to the Lower East Side of Manhattan (where we live).

2u7vytz.jpg

401 Audiomods series 5 art 9
Hidden : L75 ptp5 double platter Origami uniarm Lyra Kleos
S&B Sut Ted Pardo phonostage,Tdac, Pre, dual mono and speakers
MacBook Pro

Current lash-up
20161014_124359_zpsl4l55ldm.jpg

VINYL
Michell "GOrbe" Turntable (Gyro with Orbe bits added)
SME V arm
Dynavector XX2 Mk2 MC cartridge
Michell HR external PSU
Firebottle Plus MM/MC phono stage

DIGITAL
M2Tech Young Dac (Modded) with linear PSU
Logitech Transporter (music streaming)
Oppo 103-D Bluray player (video streaming)
Selfbuilt Music Server (Hifi Choice magazine 5 Star award winner!)

AMP
Longdog Audio custom build 300B SET power amp: (8 wpc from the Elrog 300B output valves)
Densen DM-20 preamp

SPEAKERS
Custom design n build "Edingdale" floorstanders
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3578

CABLES
TQ Ultra Black speaker cable
Morrow Audio Dig4 XLR digital interconnect
Klotz MC 5000/MS Audio rca custom jobbies

Offloaded your 301, Tony?

No, it is just carefully boxed-up and sleeping at present. I have almost certainly migrated to the 124 now, not necessarily because it is in any way better, just because it looks so cool and I have invested so much time, effort and cash into its restoration. I see no need to sell the 301 at this point as the deck itself and the SME M2-10 I used with it are both worth more than I paid and will almost certainly be a better investment than having the money in cash, but they may be in on the 'trades' bench as there are still a few things I want to try...

OLDIUS,

Do you sit on that sofa and listen to reflections? :) A well-known reviewer whose name escapes me (HiFi Answers?) used to listen to his Impulse H2s' reflection from sitting between the speakers.

If not, it's not conducive to imaging, I believe, to have furniture between m/coil speakers, even I/B ones close to the wall.

A well-known reviewer whose name escapes me (HiFi Answers?) used to listen to his Impulse H2s' reflection from sitting between the speakers.

That was Jimmy Hughes; if I remember correctly, he used to have his loudspeakers firing sideways on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back