advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking AVO in the fireplace!

That's the ugly one, there is also a lovely 1950s bakelite Model 7 at the other side of the fireplace, that one needs a bit of fixing though. The Model 8 MkV in the pic actually works!

Would love to hear that record shop system, Tony, looks great!

On music that suits its extreme near-field setup it seldom ceases to amaze me! I really love the contrast between the JR149s and Lockwoods and fully understand why Japanese audiophiles with huge horns or JBLs as their main speakers are so obsessed with LS3/5As. I find having two or more valid perspectives on a piece of music can really increase my understanding of it.

Love Rob's Dual TT but would grab that tasty radio when his back is turned ;)

Also liking the look of Hoopsontoast's Rega system which I'm sure also sounds really good. Tony's gear always has a look of purpose to it - not surprising given the quality and heritage of every item.

Mr Tibbs

I guess people tend to change system components rather than enter systems, so you will see the same things repeatedly from some folk.

I'm talking about the same complete systems without changing.;)
But okay, let's go btt.

Is it mee, or does anybody else also see many of the pics ever year again?

Are they new pictures of the same equipment?

My 3 two channel systems have remained exactly the same for the last two years so have nothing new to add unless I take some new pictures of the same gear.

All great looking systems. Must say i have a soft spot for Rob and Tony's systems which just look like a lot of fun and i'm sure sound it too.

Keep up the good work chaps :)

Great photography as ever, how is the Cyrus?

Thanks Mark :)

The Cyrus is very good, in fact the combo of 8vs and the PSX-R was the first amp which came along to fully replace my Sony 770ES. A fair amount of stuff came and went which did singular things better; the Exposure XV was fabulous on rock'n'jazz and had a stunning phonostage, the 42.5/Hi/110 was great on simple rock and electronica, to name 2. However none of these were the all-rounders I really wanted.

The Cyrus is extremely detailed, very honest (a bit too honest at times!), and not short on power either - a keeper? I really daren't answer that. :D Quite fancy trying an 8a integrated though as it's a few generations newer than mine.

Tony - I still covet that TD124. :eek:

Always good to see your room/system too C-S hint hint ;)

Mr Tibbs

Thanks Mr T - Mine looks the same as last year so no point posting. No 'Focal' fire anymore...

I do like to see a nice pair of restored Gale 401's on a System Pics thread though - Hint Hint ;)

James

You're too kind James. My system's the same but the room has changed. Everything just plonked on the floor while I took some time to see if the Gales would work in the room. They do! (some new furniture and redecoration to follow).

For now;

31068879884_334736032c_c.jpg

Plus this,

31024859880_7e326583c4_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Love those speakers Mr Tibbs. When i was around 8 (and still being given old radios by various people so i could extract the speakers from them and attach them to my record player) i remember one of my teachers having a copy of something like Popular Hi-Fi on his desk and in it was a readers system comprising an LP12, Radford Valve amp (forget the pre) and some Gale 401's on their chrome stands. i just thought it looked fantastic hence the reason i always enjoy seeing your 401's looking so good.

Cheers for that and Happy New Year :)

James

Those Larcs look interesting. How are they with the 10W Oto?

They make a huge sound, hard to imagine they're tiny boxes. I've tried a few other speakers, many from Audio Note, but I just prefer the Larcs. Mike

Why not get your camera out and contribute then ?

Because I posted my pics 2016 and the system hasn't changed so far except for the amplifier.
BTW: I'm not at home, I'm in a medical rehabilitation center for gastroenterology until wednesday.;)

31110097214_8c828d2b53_c.jpg

Speakers : Reference 3a De Capo MM BE
Amp : Rega Elex-R Integrated Amp
Sources
Audiolab M-DAC+
Marantz SA-8005 SACD/DAC Player
Marantz NA-6005 Network Audio Player
DELL PC (JRIVER/FOOBAR) DLNA Server/Player
Seagate 4 Bay NAS(Music Storage)

The Reference 3a De Capos are on my list to try out.. especially with a lowish powered tube amp..

Xander.. please post for us a color pic and do tell us how do the De capos perform with the Rega Elex ? did you try a tube amp with these ?

thanks

recently went from

MacBook Pro/Emotiva XDA-1 or Rega RP6/103/Schiit Mani > Line Magnetic 518ia > Snell J

to

Macbook Pro or Rega RP6/103 > Mytek Brooklyn > Rotel RB-981 > Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands

Can't decide whether or not I'm going to hang onto the Line Magnetic amp for another day or sell it. It's an incredible amp, but with a 9 month old daughter, my listening time is limited and investing 5-15k dollars in Devores, Audio Notes or something like that doesn't make sense right now. Plus, the Bach Grands work better in my room than any other speaker I've had. I've had may speakers come and go, but those stay. If they had a little more coherence/driver integration like the LS50 has, it would be my perfect speaker.

excuse the christmas mess and crap photo

IMG_9969.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back