advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sibbers

Buy a DAC.

You know the rules of sod's law - the second you buy a DAC, the mdac2 will be available and you won't have needed to buy an intermediary DAC.

This will be good for all of us: as soon as you buy a DAC, the mdac 2 will be available

:)

Haha, that made me chuckle. I have been eyeing a few up. Think I might go for the antimode 2.0 for the EQ. Hmmm. But I'm not saying hurry up, I'm just saying let's have some way of knowing how far through the process we are - it's like windows minutes!

You know the rules of sod's law - the second you buy a DAC, the mdac2 will be available and you won't have needed to buy an intermediary DAC.
Which is what I've done. I'm still in for MDAC2, but I decided I wanted music now, not in n months, and come the availability of MDAC2, I can decide which one goes in the main system and which in the second system :)

Hi John, I've decided not to have my MDAC L2 recapped and wait for the MDAC2 board. I am not certain where I am with R&D payments, etc. - I do know I *was* up-to-date as of the last call, and you were doing something for me re: the phono stage I loaned you - but to be honest I am lost. How do I go about switching to MDAC2 and transferring my dev funds?

As a MDAC Toy owner you get GPB300 credit for MDAC development fees - so you would have a GBP200 development balance - but we will call it even for the loan of the phono stage :)

Then you only need to pay the "At Cost" PCB / PSU....

As a MDAC Toy owner you get GPB300 credit for MDAC development fees - so you would have a GBP200 development balance - but we will call it even for the loan of the phono stage :)

Then you only need to pay the "At Cost" PCB / PSU....
OK, but I've also paid at least one additional instalment over and above the Toy dev costs. Can you get Renata to confirm that for me, in case I have it wrong? ta.

Yes, that correct a single GBP100, Oh well I guess you will want the analogue input option? so we will add that to the ADC development fee...

John
Was reading about this amp:
https://benchmarkmedia.com/products/benchmark-ahb2-power-amplifier

Which has 3 different gain settings with the aim of optimising the overall gain structure of your system. A very useful feature! Is it my imagination or did you say at one point that the VFET amps would have variable gain to ensure optimal gain when working with the FDAC? If I didn't dream that, is it still the plan?

I think it is has been said several times that the FDAC will be gain matched with the VFET and Miniamps. Guess it is obvious since John is making both :)

It is only relevant if you are mixing brands.
Have you bye the way looked at the the new DAC 3's HYBRID GAIN CONTROL which sounds interesting. Not sure if it is only marketing.
https://benchmarkmedia.com/collections/digital-to-analog-audio-converter

Don't think the benchmark dac3 helps in this context.

(From the description) The digital signal never passes through the analogue gain control so, there is no change in analogue gain for digital signals and it plays no part in the digital gain structure

Don't think the benchmark dac3 helps in this context.

(From the description) The digital signal never passes through the analogue gain control so, there is no change in analogue gain for digital signals and it plays no part in the digital gain structure

The benchmark was not my point

It was that FDAC and VFET/mini amps will be gain matched.

Sibbers

Buy a DAC.

This will be good for all of us: as soon as you buy a DAC, the mdac 2 will be available

:)

I've bought already 3 (2x Matrix, 1 TEAC); didn't help at all :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back