advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Hm, would've liked some comparison to the competition or some comment on what difference a doped paper driver makes, since I'm unfamiliar with the Proac sound.

Hm, would've liked some comparison to the competition or some comment on what difference a doped paper driver makes, since I'm unfamiliar with the Proac sound.

Yeah, I always wonder why we get reviews of such a popular speaker type and not a single mention of one of the many other similar products.

Yeah, I always wonder why we get reviews of such a popular speaker type and not a single mention of one of the many other similar products.

...the guy's clearly a proac fan which is fine but it ends up sounding like an advertorial.

Has anyone managed to listen to these yet. Would be interested to hear any feedback.

My pair should get here in a week or so. I currently own LS50's and P3ESR's and have owned MANY 'LS3/5a inspired' speakers, so I'll be able to make some good comparisons.

My pair should get here in a week or so. I currently own LS50's and P3ESR's and have owned MANY 'LS3/5a inspired' speakers, so I'll be able to make some good comparisons.

As an ex owner of the Tablette in its various forms also the 1SC and latterly Kef LS 50's I for one will be very interested in your assessment for the

Getting some Dali Pico standmounts for a friend has piqued my interest in these and the Tablettes, i've had a couple of the larger Proac Standmounts in the past, Studio's etc and some LS 50's, but there is something magic about these little Dali's.

Maybe it's the size or the way they've been engineered or voiced i'm not sure (it my first experience with a speaker this small!). Positioned right they sound more convincingly real (within their limitations) than the LS 50's and more alive and less mechanical too. I think a lot of people will dismiss them because they are cheap, but i've found them a revelation, in someways the most convincing speaker i've heard at home!

Getting some Dali Pico standmounts for a friend has piqued my interest in these and the Tablettes, i've had a couple of the larger Proac Standmounts in the past, Studio's etc and some LS 50's, but there is something magic about these little Dali's.

Maybe it's the size or the way they've been engineered or voiced i'm not sure (it my first experience with a speaker this small!). Positioned right they sound more convincingly real (within their limitations) than the LS 50's and more alive and less mechanical too. I think a lot of people will dismiss them because they are cheap, but i've found them a revelation, in someways the most convincing speaker i've heard at home!

I currently run these in the bedroom system on the end of Squeezebox3 and my restored nytech 202. Great sound for a bedroom system. I did try them briefly downstairs on end of XS/flatcap XS and they were ok, but lacked detail (compared to my IPL ribbon/Hi Vi stand mounts. Then again, they are not exactly expensive and we're not run in. I may try them again just to check.

I currently run these in the bedroom system on the end of Squeezebox3 and my restored nytech 202. Great sound for a bedroom system. I did try them briefly downstairs on end of XS/flatcap XS and they were ok, but lacked detail (compared to my IPL ribbon/Hi Vi stand mounts. Then again, they are not exactly expensive and we're not run in. I may try them again just to check.

It was the set up that made the most difference for me, because they are so small i can move them around the room something i cant do easily with with my other speakers! they are 10 ft apart 1 ft from each side wall. the speakers are toed in somewhat and the side wall provides some reinforcement to the bass, the walls are treated with diffusion panels at the first reflection points, and i'm sitting about 8 feet away when listening.
I don't i'd ever think try this setup with any other speaker as its a bit extreme, and larger speakers interact with the wall, where as these seem to work with it.

I did have the Dali Zensor 1's as well and they didn't work in the same position anywhere near as well or were nowhere near as convincing.

I've tried the Pico's in other positions with and they don't work as well, It's just through luck other than good judgement i've stumbled upon this positioning!

@Space, sadly, no clear wall downstairs, they have to go either side of chimney breast. I do have two CA Minx subs though;) as I say, only had a quick play, must try it again. The Pico's upstairs have very reasonable bass considering their size. They are remarkable little things. If only I handn't sold my Kan stands and I had a clear (solid) wall !

Similarly I would be interested in with the comparison especially since I have heard the P3ESR many times and the KEF LS50 at the dealers(compared the LS50 to Dali Mentor Menuets before settling down with the latter). I have owned the Proac Tablette 50 Signatures as well. One thing I like about the Proac bookshelves is they image like crazy with excellent detail at the top end with their airy highs.

advertisement

Back