advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony L

Administrator
It's that day for a new thread, and as I changed a fair few bits around last year I'll kick it off!

23474706344_8e73244e0c_o.jpg

Main system: heavily restored (Swissonor, Schopper etc) Thorens TD-124/II, SME 3009 Series II, Denon DL103, Rega Apollo R (used as transport), Deltec PDM3 DAC, Verdier Control B preamp (Mullard & Brimar tubes currently), Quad 303 (rebuilt with Dada Electronics amp and PSU boards), Tannoy Monitor Golds in 1960s Lockwood Universal Major cabs.

24102926865_62829702c9_o.jpg

System #2 (pfm Record Shop!): Cambridge 651C CD player, Audio Synthesis PAS-02 stepped attenuator, extensively rebuilt Leak Stereo 20, JR149s rebuilt using new Falcon B110s andT27s, Target R4 stands and large beanbag up close for near-field listening.

No real changes in the TV rig (Klipsch La Scalas etc) so no need to update that one.

Happy new year.

24077268786_c2f26d959e_c.jpg

23475122744_fee9f8f6a6_c.jpg

After a lot of phaffing, speakers in the corners, with little toe in works well.

It also means, at last, that two can listen; previously it was so near field and focused that it was good for only one seat.

What will change this year? :)

Actually, there's a new DAC on order, and likely a two seater sofa.

Hi,

You can have any colour you want, as long as it's black.

Happy New Year..................

It's that day for a new thread, and as I changed a fair few bits around last year I'll kick it off!

23474706344_8e73244e0c_o.jpg

Main system: heavily restored (Swissonor, Schopper etc) Thorens TD-124/II, SME 3009 Series II, Denon DL103, Rega Apollo R (used as transport), Deltec PDM3 DAC, Verdier Control B preamp (Mullard & Brimar tubes currently), Quad 303 (rebuilt with Dada Electronics amp and PSU boards), Tannoy Monitor Golds in 1960s Lockwood Universal Major cabs.

24102926865_62829702c9_o.jpg

System #2 (pfm Record Shop!): Cambridge 651C CD player, Audio Synthesis PAS-02 stepped attenuator, extensively rebuilt Leak Stereo 20, JR149s rebuilt using new Falcon B110s andT27s, Target R4 stands and large beanbag up close for near-field listening.

No real changes in the TV rig (Klipsch La Scalas etc) so no need to update that one.

Love the new Lockwood cabs for the Tannoys Tony :cool:

Alan

If you click the little arrow thing in Flickr you can select BB Code to display the pics inline.

I can never get that to work using my iPad (neither using Safari nor the Flickr app).

It is the worlds biggest PITA as iOS really is terrible at selection etc and the person who wrote the Flickr app is an imbecile (don't use the app, use the web page in Safari), but it is possible. Highlight a bit of code at the front end of the Flickr string by placing the cursor and double clicking, when the two blue selection thingies come up drag the second/right one down. About the third time you do this it will actually work and you'll get the option to copy from the insertion point to the (hidden) end of the string. Do so, paste it into the post here and strip out all the junk either side of the IMG tags as you don't actually need that (it just links back to Flickr).

No changes planned or needed. Only small changes.. have gone back to the supplied Rega Reference power cables and Linn Silver balanced interconnects.

IMG_0626_zpsz0ybucsb.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsskg8r6aq.jpg

I've been so busy entertaining myself with my new Gibson guitar, please accept these pics in lieu of the traditional fayre :)

Gibson '59 ES-175D (2015) without pickgaurd
IMG_1288_zpsg1orubnu.jpg

Group photo with my La Patrie Concert on the left and Taylor Big Baby on the right
IMG_20160101_020820_zps25gkeiqi.jpg

Not sure if there will be any changes this year

Garrard 301

Naim DVD5

Puresound 2A3 amp

Tannoy GRF copies with lecleach Mid and all Coral units

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_0300_1.jpg

There has been a change since I posted this picture in last year's thread, but it's invisible :) I now have a Chromecast Audio as a secondary source.

I'm not sure if the CD player has been turned on in the last 12 months - if it has, it was only once ! Any new CDs have been ripped immediately and never played on it. Squeezebox is still my primary source.

DPP_4756 by tw_tvam, on Flickr

currently switching between the KEFs and the Snells. hopefully replacing both with Devore Orangutans or Audio Notes. but first, i need my phono stage and SUT sorted out. thinking Leben and Auditorium 23 for the Denon 103.

also need to figure out a headphone setup. i miss using my 600's

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

i keep most of my records in another room

Emotiva XDA-1/MacBook Pro
Rega RP6/Denon 103
Cambridge Audio 640p
Line Magnetic 518ia
Snell Type J/KEF LS50

currently switching between the KEFs and the Snells. hopefully replacing both with Devore Orangutans or Audio Notes. but first, i need my phono stage and SUT sorted out. thinking Leben and Auditorium 23 for the Denon 103.

also need to figure out a headphone setup. i miss using my 600's

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

i keep most of my records in another room

Emotiva XDA-1/MacBook Pro
Rega RP6/Denon 103
Cambridge Audio 640p
Line Magnetic 518ia
Snell Type J/KEF LS50

Nice, and what a beautiful room too.

Status